Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are a lot of people on this forum doing low 11s, and a few even doing 10s on daily drivers. My question is, are you using the stock tranny and diff? If not what is done to hold the 800+RWHP that you guys are putting down at the track?

Phil

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was wondering the same thing. How much can the stock transmission hold reliably? And if you eclipse that mark what tranny would be your first choice and how much would it cost? I'm trying to figure how much its going to cost to get a T78 running. Thanks!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know of 1 person by me that broke a diff and a driveshaft at the same time at the track. However, I never heard of any other Supras breaking. Thats why I wann know from you guys whats up with your trannys?

Phil

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are a number of vendors that offer upgraded internals, etc... for the automatic tranny. Sound Performance, Level Ten, Precision Industries, etc...offer automatic tranny upgrades. The stock auto tranny has been known to handle nearly 500rwhp before needing to be beefed up.

The manual tranny is significantly tougher than the auto. All of the high hp six speed cars (SW,Bryce,Walser,Phil Panas, et al) are running stock (unmodified) six speed trannys.

FWIW,
KGB

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow Thats really impressive. I saw the TRD differential on the Supra Store.... Is that even necessary??? I know Supras come stock with an LSD.

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts