Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know of a reliable transport company that will take a MKIV from San Diego, CA to San Antonio, TX? Ill call them about pricing, but ballpark prices are also appreciated, if you know offhand.

Thank you in advance for your input!

The possiblity of me driving it to Texas does exist, but I dont look forward to that drive.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
rex03 said:
Anyone know of a reliable transport company that will take a MKIV from San Diego, CA to San Antonio, TX? Ill call them about pricing, but ballpark prices are also appreciated, if you know offhand.

Thank you in advance for your input!

The possiblity of me driving it to Texas does exist, but I dont look forward to that drive.
Exotic Auto Transport is the best hands down.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've had great luck with DAS the last time I used for my purchase from Chicago, IL to Clovis, Ca....the cost was about $800 something. Just be aware that you are really dealing with people so it doesn't matter who you go with...

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Exotic was almost $2000.00 to go across the country with FULL insurance. The others don't even offer you the type of insurance that our cars require.

·
Registered
261 Posts
CA to TX is really not that bad.

Just drive it! Make it somewhat of a road trip. Dunno maybe its me but I love those kind of drives. :)

Plus you wont give your car up to anyone that can harm it.

That would be your best bet unless you really dont want to put any miles on it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bodom said:
CA to TX is really not that bad.

Just drive it! Make it somewhat of a road trip. Dunno maybe its me but I love those kind of drives. :)

Plus you wont give your car up to anyone that can harm it.

That would be your best bet unless you really dont want to put any miles on it.
Outstanding...exactly what I was thinking. I think its going to run me under $200 in gas, and an airline cancellation fee for my return trip...then I think the 20 hour drive, which wont be too bad.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yup..if you don't want to hassle with someone taking care of you car best bet is to drive it yourself. Hey...when I sold my previous 97 MKIV to a Florida guy he flew to Cali and drove it all the way back to home. :sadance:

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
HmoobSUPRA said:
Yup..if you don't want to hassle with someone taking care of you car best bet is to drive it yourself. Hey...when I sold my previous 97 MKIV to a Florida guy he flew to Cali and drove it all the way back to home. :sadance:
Not an option on a 29k mile vehicle in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
braddman said:
Not an option on a 29k mile vehicle in my humble opinion.
The guy was a retiree so he had a lot of time on his hands...that would be way too much driving time for me. That car had about 40K miles on it...told the guy he would know if I sold him a good car or not. :ugh2:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This car has a bit over 180k miles on it...but I do have the time. I was assured, and reassured that it is reliable. Ill check it out and hopefully he is right, but if there is something wrong, hopefully its nothing major. So far, just the valve stem seals.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I bought my car in Austin, Tx, flew out there with a friend and we drove it back to SoCal. It took about 17 hours (we stopped for about three hours somewhere in Arizona for a quick nap). Thank God I had my V1 with me. It saved me from 3 tickets. We averaged 85 mph on that trip. It was a blast.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need to buy a V1...wish I could find one for sale around here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Try Intercity Lines

Great company - they move all the cars for the Barrett Jackson auctions. Enclosed, multi-car transport - I'd guess would run you maybe $1K or so?

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
326 Posts
braddman said:
Exotic Auto Transport is the best hands down.
What's their contact info. /website?

Thanks,
Cons

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Macleod said:
What is V1?

Valentine 1 radar detector. Well I already made it back home. As far as it being a good trip...well no car troubles, but it was a crappy drive only because I drove it mostly at night.

Also, it would have helped to know that I had a built in radar detector under the hood...DOH! Oh well, nice to know for my next trip.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That stretch of hwy from El Paso to the next big city can be sketchy. I wouldn't make that drive in a RX7 thats for sure.

DAS has great pricing from terminal to terminal.

Stay clear from a1 auto transport.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts