Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know of a reliable transport company that will take a MKIV from San Diego, CA to San Antonio, TX? Ill call them about pricing, but ballpark prices are also appreciated, if you know offhand.

Thank you in advance for your input!

The possibility to drive it to Texas does exist, but I dont look forward to it.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
rex03 said:
Anyone know of a reliable transport company that will take a MKIV from San Diego, CA to San Antonio, TX? Ill call them about pricing, but ballpark prices are also appreciated, if you know offhand.

Thank you in advance for your input!

The possibility to drive it to Texas does exist, but I dont look forward to it.

Drive it! the trek across the western states is awesome.

·
AZ RuleZ!!!!!
808 Posts
I'll do it!!! but don't mad at me if it ends up in my garage for a couple days, maybe months, or years...LOL... J/K

I've shipped many cars from all over the U.S. My recent car from Ohio to AZ was $700 delivered to my house and it took only 4 days...

Your looking at $500 to $600 MAX from CA to TX...

8,181 Posts
i trailered my MKIV my self with three bedroom house. everything under $700. if ur car is lowered u might need to take the front bumper off. also the attention u get on the highway is awsome. ppl just slow down to take a good look at the car.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I drove mine all the way from Michigan to Texas, still my most favorite road trip ever....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im thinking of doing it myself. I think it will only cost me less than $200 in gas, and then the fee to cancel my return airline ticket...20 hour drive, but Ill make it fun.

·
Single Turbo
711 Posts
Welcome back! :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
rex03 said:
Im thinking of doing it myself. I think it will only cost me less than $200 in gas, and then the fee to cancel my return airline ticket...20 hour drive, but Ill make it fun.

Dude, it's worth it! drop by Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Phoenix, Tucson on the way back.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4CEDFED22 said:
Welcome back! :bigthumb:

hehe, thanks! Ill be making the drive around the first of the month, which will totally suck because I get the car next weekend...gotta sit on it until then. Oh well, gives me a goal to shoot for.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Didn't you just buy a car in Fremont? I live right near fremont, and I am driving out to Houston from here on Wednesday 6/14. I'm actually looking for a trailer right now.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
supratter said:
I'm glad you finally decided to get another supra bro ...

I got a killer deal in San Diego...thats why I bought it here.

Thanks! Good to be back! WOOHOO! Come next run, Ill be revving up again!

·
Blitz Supra
525 Posts
If your car is mint don't do it, not worth all that paint rash, chips, sand blast in AZ, NM and NV! If its a drivers car than do what you want.

·
MKIV Fanboy....
126 Posts
If you need a co-pilot i'm game !!! Plus i got a bunch of Painters tape to protect that front end !!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, the car has some paint chips in front anyways, so not a huge deal. Im already planning on repainting it in the near future.

BpuTacoma, you in San Diego? Msg me and we will see what we can work out...hate driving along for that long :)
Company is always nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts