Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
First off the TRD is discontinuted. So unless you can get your hands on a used one then theres no point to this thread.

But if i had to pick between the 2 i would go TRD since i already have it myself and love it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
TRD Gen II looks ricey. HKS ftw if it is a choice between those two.

·
Fan of Stock Twins
249 Posts
TRD Gen 2 does have a lower profile muffler/resonator for better ground clearance.
That can be one benefit.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
^It is also a benefit if you live in a community where the cops are trained to look for round shiney cans. The TRD is loud but you should be OK if you are just cruising. At idle and slightly above the resonance is low-frequency and will attract attention.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
I think the Drager is the riciest thing going. Chock-ful-o-nuts is who makes the tip for them.... that shizzle is huge.

I offer the TRD GEN2 replicas new, shipped for a price that most big names charge for shipping.... full turbo back system.

I've had both.... the Drager got a lot of looks.... looks like "dude you are so rice" The GEN 2 looks real nice.... If I like the Drager more, I'd have reproduced that one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I guess it is personal preference...

As far as I am concerned exhaust that stick out at some bizarre angle that don't fit the lines of the car = Rice.

Exhausts that exit straight = Not rice.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I guess it is personal preference...

As far as I am concerned exhaust that stick out at some bizarre angle that don't fit the lines of the car = Rice.

Exhausts that exit straight = Not rice.
I disagree. Sewer pipes that protrude well beyond the bumper cover look like shit. Some exhausts I've seen on this forum, that come straight back, appear to be too long. The TRD angles back and falls dead-center in the cover cut-out. Length is not too long.

·
Registered
158 Posts
TRD gen II sounds awesome
i got one on my MKIV w/ open DP. would not trade for anything else

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Isn't the HKS larger in dia. though?

Speaking of exhaust tips, are there any exhausts out there for the Supra that have a tip the same size as the rest of the pipe, before the muffler? Like 3" exhaust with a 3" tip? Or maybe a 4" tip? I don't really care for the huge 6" tips that much, but I guess it's not total rice as long as you can back it up. It's nothing like running a 6" tip on an otherwise stock 1.125" exhaust system on a Hon-duh or something......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts