Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master Yos
2,215 Posts
super dragger i love the way it looks makes the car look wider and it sounds bad ass too:)

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
I've had the TRD Gen 2 for a while and I love it. It has a nice growl at idle and sounds awesome at WOT. Plus it doesn't stick out like a coffee can like the HKS does.:)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Deff TRD GEN2. I loved it!

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
llijojohn: When I bought my current 94TT it came with an HKS Super Dragger, which I have since replaced with a TRD Gen 2 exhaust. The Dragger was louder than the TRD both at idle and WOT on my APU car (the Dragger was louder still when I was BPU in TTC). The car definitely sounds more civilized with the TRD, and it does not drone at highway speeds like the Dragger did (that was very annoying IMO). I have not noticed much of a difference in performance either on the street or on the dyno between the two (not exactly a head-to-head comparison though since I changed a couple other things when I went to the TRD). I also prefer the look of the TRD as it could pass for a stock part and cleans up nicely. The Dragger is a little more in your face and seemed awkward to me with the larger cannister, plus it always looked dirty no matter how much I cleaned it. Obviously the TRD does have the drawback of having been discontinued for some time now, so getting a hold of one can be more involved than just ordering the HKS product. Good luck with your decision!
Chris

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
I have the HKS dragger and it sound good. I dont know what it is about everyone staying the dragger is too loud. The one I have is amazingly quite even at WOT. Dont get me wrong though because I did see a supra with the a Dragger that was crazy loud. If I could do it again, I would go with TRD because it is a cleaner look and does not hang so low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts