Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by toyota that the trd diff's were discontinued. True or false? I have the w58 and I will be buying one pretty soon. I also plan on doing a 6 speed swap within a few months. Which trd unit should I buy?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
As of right now no. Unless someone at Toyota has information I don't. They ARE special order and most dealers can't seem to figure out how to place that kind of order...

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
137 Posts
so am i correct when i say taht the TRD unit is 1.5 way and NOT a 2 way? i talked to my local toyota dealer and they also say it's been disco...

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
VinnyQH said:
so am i correct when i say taht the TRD unit is 1.5 way and NOT a 2 way? i talked to my local toyota dealer and they also say it's been disco...
To find out you should talk to curt. I mean why are you ordering it from anyone else anyways?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
TDR diffs are 1.5 way, yes.

These Toyota dealerships are completely wrong.

The TRD diffs are not discontinued.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
ReI86 said:
To find out you should talk to curt. I mean why are you ordering it from anyone else anyways?

Jeff, Curt, and MVP all offer great pricing on TRD parts. Maybe he's asking me because he prefers to deal with me?

Curt isn't the only man on earth that gives good service and sells TRD for a good price. MVP offers the advantage of getting your TRD parts AND all your performance parts in one place. Some people would rather just deal with one person who takes good care of them!

Dusty

·
Making a ComeBack!
1,058 Posts
V8 Killer said:
TDR diffs are 1.5 way, yes.

These Toyota dealerships are completely wrong.

The TRD diffs are not discontinued.

Thanks,

Dusty
Agreed I got mine delivered 2 weeks ago, it took some time to get it in but it was ordered and got it less than a month.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
V8 Killer said:
Jeff, Curt, and MVP all offer great pricing on TRD parts. Maybe he's asking me because he prefers to deal with me?

haha no dusty he was talking about dealing with a local Toyota dealership :)

Sorry if you think I meant it the other way;)

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
ReI86 said:
haha no dusty he was talking about dealing with a local Toyota dealership :)

Sorry if you think I meant it the other way;)

Oh, yeah, absolutely then! Curt & Jeff both are head and shoulders above any local dealership I have ever done business with.

Regards,

Dusty

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would definetly buy from jeff and curt, but I have a wholesale/business account for some reason at my local toyota dealer. plus no waitng and no shipping prices. I was wondering about the diff because I wanted to upgrade and Dusty seems to know everything. thanx for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
If you have a wholesale account at your local dealership and are definitely going to buy something TRD from them, then why waste my time? Why not ask the place you are going to buy from if the item is discontinued, instead of asking someone you have no intention of making the purchase from.

Sorry if that comes across rude, but I just don't get it. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy answering questions for someone only to have them tell you they never had any intention of making a purchase from you.

Dusty

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Just get it from one of the vendors that supports this site.

Steve K.

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is rude, but I understand what you're saying. Toyota told me it was discontinued and they couldn't sell me one. I wanted to verify if it was true. If the dealer wasn't going to sell me one, my intentions were to buy it from you, since your webpage indicates you have them. Sorry for wasting your time.

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Ok so I want to make sure I understand this. You're telling me that the dealer told you that it was discontinued and therefore they were not going to sell it to you.

However now you've told them that "Dusty at MVP said its not discontinued" so they are now going to sell it to you as they suddenly realized its not discontinued?

Dusty

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no, the dealer said he could not place the order because it was discontinued. The toyota dealership are idiots, I guess. Now that I know this, I will buy from you, when I decide to purchase.

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Very strange that they think it is discontinued.

With Supra parts and TRD parts I have found that VERY FEW dealers seem to have a clue how to order them, even when you give them a full description or even a part number, its really strange. I had the same problem with my local dealers for years.

Dusty

·
Registered
557 Posts
V8 Killer said:
Very strange that they think it is discontinued.

With Supra parts and TRD parts I have found that VERY FEW dealers seem to have a clue how to order them, even when you give them a full description or even a part number, its really strange. I had the same problem with my local dealers for years.

Dusty
yeah, just messing around at my local dealer, which is also a caddy dealer, i asked for a trd oil filter and a few other assorted parts.. haha! I got a quote of something like 45 dollars for the filter, and i was told the supra had been out of production since 1996! I just kinda laughed and walked out, this the same place that tried to sell me gear oil when i called to find out the capacity of a v160 as i wasnt sure and my web was down! Dealers dont apparently have to know anything to attempt to sell parts!

Mark

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I've been quoted double the price for parts at my stealership...

All depends on the people, there is one guy here that has a turbo celica, and he's big into MKIII's so he knows quite a bit more.

But it's completely hit or miss...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts