Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant really take the looks of my Racing medalion thats on the car now, and the OEM exhaust is just to small. Im looking for something in the middle, and the three things that come to mind are the trd exhausts, and the Nur-Spec.

From the pics I have seen I actually like the looks of the trd gen 1 better than gen 2, but I am assuming it will be all but impossible to find one. Can anyone supply me with some info on the trd exhausts and blitz vs the racing medalion.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
From what I know the RM is a more agressive sounding exhaust then ether of the other 2.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
twistedmethod333 said:
I cant really take the looks of my Racing medalion thats on the car now, and the OEM exhaust is just to small. Im looking for something in the middle, and the three things that come to mind are the trd exhausts, and the Nur-Spec.

From the pics I have seen I actually like the looks of the trd gen 1 better than gen 2, but I am assuming it will be all but impossible to find one. Can anyone supply me with some info on the trd exhausts and blitz vs the racing medalion.
I've actually had both the Blitz and RM on bpu setups. The RM IMO sounded better, it was deeper for aggressive while having more of a rumble to it. Although the Blitz sounds great too, it's just alittle bit more tame than the RM. At WOT and all around the sound of the RM wins, but I agree, it's ugly. Between the two I'd take the Blitz. Sorry I don't have an experiences with the TRD exhaust.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, the RM puts out possibly the best sound I have ever heard on a stock twin car, but with a downpipe I'm like a beacon for an asshole cop, even in alabama where 90% of all trucks operate at 2x OEM db output.

The nur-spec has always been my favorite exhaust in regard to styling, IMO it matches the car better than any other exhaust. with a dp, what would the noise difference be between the RM and nur?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
twistedmethod333 said:
Yea, the RM puts out possibly the best sound I have ever heard on a stock twin car, but with a downpipe I'm like a beacon for an asshole cop, even in alabama where 90% of all trucks operate at 2x OEM db output.

The nur-spec has always been my favorite exhaust in regard to styling, IMO it matches the car better than any other exhaust. with a dp, what would the noise difference be between the RM and nur?
Well not as much garggleish noise out the nur compared to the RM.....but it's still pretty deep for a supra exhaust. You're going to have to watch a video. Let me check to see if I have any....

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i liked the sound of my blitz when it was on my car better than others ,not to loud but a nice deep rumble sound when open .

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blitz it is!

However, my CCW classics come first; unless someone has a nur-spec in good condition and is willing to trade for my non-perfect condition RM + some $$$ on my part.

Thanks for the help help guys.

By the way, did the RM use the OEM rear exhaust hanger bracket (maybe mounted at a different angel?), or did it come with one? I didnt have one so I turned the stock hanger some and just used two screws to hold it up (comes off tomorrow).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts