Supra Forums banner

Painted or carbon fiber?

  • Painted red to match!

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Carbon fiber all the way!

    Votes: 9 56.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright so I know this has been discussed before on the general forums...but we all know that Arizona Supra's are the best anyways, so I don't really care what those guys think!

I'm debating on getting the TRD style hood as I've loved it since the day I first saw it on Guilly's old red Supra 5-6 years ago. But...I keep debating with myself as to whether or not I should get a fiberglass one and paint it to match the car...or get a carbon fiber one. If I had a black Supra it would be no question for the carbon fiber...but mine's red (darker than the stock red...original owner had it painted darker).

My car is stock body otherwise...stock wing, no body kit or parts, stock wheels (at least for another 6-9 months probably), etc.

So what's everyone here in AZ think?

-Aaron
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
469 Posts
Since your supra is red, you should get it painted red, IMO.

Carbon fiber and red doesnt really fit my taste :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I have a black supra and I can't make up my mind TRD fiberglass hood or or get a carbon fiber one. :1poke: I need someone to push me to one of them...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
supraman205 said:
I have a black supra and I can't make up my mind TRD fiberglass hood or or get a carbon fiber one. :1poke: I need someone to push me to one of them...lol
Look at Richard's car...I wouldn't go any other way if my baby was black!

 

·
AZ RuleZ!!!!!
Joined
·
808 Posts
It's really what you think would fit best. Either way, it's going to look badass, but if your going to keep the body stock, then I would paint it red. If you were to get a RMM spoiler with carbon fiber center, a carbon fiber RMM lip, and some black wheels with polished lip, then it would look good with the carbon fiber hood...

Anyways, good luck on your choice man, it's still going to look badass no matter what you do to it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
^^I agree, with that being said though, I've never been a big fan of carbon fiber on red for some reason...most other car yes, but for red, no.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
farzad3kgt said:
It's really what you think would fit best. Either way, it's going to look badass, but if your going to keep the body stock, then I would paint it red. If you were to get a RMM spoiler with carbon fiber center, a carbon fiber RMM lip, and some black wheels with polished lip, then it would look good with the carbon fiber hood...

Anyways, good luck on your choice man, it's still going to look badass no matter what you do to it...
Yeah I know that ultimately I have to make the decision...problem is I'm kinda split down the middle right now :) And I do plan on getting an RMM spoiler with carbon fiber center regardless...that I have decided looks great even on red. Other than that I was thinking of just having the stock lip painted to match the body as well...for now.
 

·
AZ RuleZ!!!!!
Joined
·
808 Posts
u2ez said:
Yeah I know that ultimately I have to make the decision...problem is I'm kinda split down the middle right now :) And I do plan on getting an RMM spoiler with carbon fiber center regardless...that I have decided looks great even on red. Other than that I was thinking of just having the stock lip painted to match the body as well...for now.
That would loook sick with the lip painted.
Only IMO though, I honestly think instead of getting a trd hood, it would look pretty badass with just a Euro hood Scoop and a RMM front lip, your total would come out the same anyways... The car would pretty much look identical to Andreas's Quicksilver if you remember with the IForged wheels, but instead the car would be red...

Give it some thought...

Or better yet, find me a picture of a red Supra from a front angle showing the hood and I'll have my brothers buddy who does the web design crap for him do a photoshop for you with the trd hood painted red as well as the lip. And I'll also have him do a hood scoop with the rmm front lip (but I'm pretty sure you'll find someones car with the hood scoop and lip anyways on the forum if you do a search)
Let me know,
As said, either way, it's going to look badass :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top