Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a questions about the trd lsd, is it worth it to get for a drag car, how do you know if your stock lsd is performing at it's max potiental.

I heard that in single turbo supra it make s a difference, I am just bpu right now, I have already bought a single turbo kit for my MKIV, I have not got it installed yet.

I have extra money to spend to make my car faster, would an lsd be worth it?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
LSD would help with traction issues, if you notice, even with the stock Torsen LSD, the left tire will still smoke up the tire more than the passenger side rear.

If you watch Supras drag racing, they always pull to the left side and then have to center the car back up.

It's a good piece to have if you can afford it.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
How does this piece hold up compared to the factory rear? Would it be worth upgrading for reliability reasons?

Andrew

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I was told by a couple of major Super tuners that it was stronger.

bad94sup said:
How does this piece hold up compared to the factory rear? Would it be worth upgrading for reliability reasons?

Andrew

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
bad94sup said:

Andrew
Well if you're over 60k miles on the stock diff, and you've had many moments with wheelhop, it's not a bad idea to get one if you have the money. The integrity of the stock LSD is weakend by all that hopping.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,529 Posts
would it still wheel hop with the TRD lms?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts