Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i broke something in my rear and im currently running a trd lsd and i hope thats not it. Has anyone broken a trd lsd or would u guys think its my ring and pinion gears? I gotta get a big allen socket and then ill have the whole unit on the floor and open it up. Im really only posting this ? bc it is driving me crazy thinking i may have broken the trd unit and will b very pissed if i did. So i guess i wont no until tomorrow but from what i have read the trd unit is a pretty strong unit.

·
Bring Da Boost!!!!
210 Posts
Possibly an axle... I've heard those will break way before a TRD will...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not an axle its def in the rear just couldnt get it out of the car yet to open it up. if i turn the front yoke i can feel it have to much play and then it gets real tight and hard to turn then turns and gets loose again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so got the rear out opened it up and everything looks good. so now when these axles break can they not fully break or what be mine is still in one piece. any thoughts. im gonna go to local picka part junk yard and pull one out of a gs300 for $26 just to try and c if that fixes it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well its not that but ill tell u what something back there sounded bad and it sounded like it was gonna come threw the car or just completely brake but didnt. im guess its the axle now im gonna throw a new one in and put it all back together and c if its still there. with the noise it was making u think i woulda found it right away but nothing looks clearly broke so hopefully the axle fixes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts