Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone using a TRD Pressure plate?
I am currently using a TRD pressure plate with a stock clutch disk. The clutch pedal seams to be pretty stiff. Is this normal? I had this setup before and my clutch fork broke. I am not trying to go through that again.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
mk4dj said:
Hey anyone using a TRD Pressure plate?
I am currently using a TRD pressure plate with a stock clutch disk. The clutch pedal seams to be pretty stiff. Is this normal? I had this setup before and my clutch fork broke. I am not trying to go through that again.
The TRD pressure plate is an RPS pressure plate, which probably more than 50% of the 6-speed Supras here use. The heavy clutch pedal is normal -- that's what comes with the increased clamping force.

Combined with a stock clutch disc, that is probably THE best clutch package you an get for BPU. IMHO.

Andi

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just getting my TRD pressure plate with stock disc
broken in. Great so far. I'll see how it holds up to
1/4 mile passes before I pass final judgement. It's
a little stiffer than stock, but not a whole lot stiffer.
Andi, how do you launch with yours? On the stock
clutch I could just drop it at 6000rpm on a good track.
The TRD seems to have too much bite for that. I'm on
Nitto 275/40/17 DR's.
Thanks,
Wayne

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
How do I launch? 4500RPM clutch drops.... but I rarely ever drag race so it's a moot point.. :)

You will toast this clutch quickly with lots of clutch-abusive drag racing. If that is what you do then you probably want an AZ clutch next when this one goes.

The RPS pressure plate + stock disc clutch (aka TRD Single Disc and RPS Stage 2) is the best clutch out there for upto 550rwtq for somebody who doesn't slip the clutch off the line.

Andi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts