Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got the trd strut bar from my friend but could not install it in front because of my I/C piping. so after 2.5 hours of cutting and modifying i finally got it to fit.

notice the gapping issue. i just used washers. 3 on bottom. 1 on top. sat very sturdy.

i had to cut the strut bar like hell around the brace. i had to remove the targa frame assembly. i also had to cut the shock tower a little. i didnt see all this cutting as a problem since theres not any pressure at all in these areas. any input would help me. i hope this is only gains for the car as far as performance as it did in looks. thanks

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
nice job. your shifter looks funny. is that just the stock one without the boot?

·
Registered
833 Posts
looks good

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i dont like it ..but grats on the job.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
did u have to modify the shock tower....if u can...give me more details plz...does it really make a difference in the way it rides after the install!!

thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
has anyone ever asked trd to make a matching rear strut bar for us?
btw, it looks ok. i think it would look better if the bar was more flush (meaning straight across the rear instead of arched up). if that was possible...
anyways congrats, you did a great job. def. one of a kind. :)

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill take some pics of the shock tower so you can see how i cut it. i actually like the way it archs up. the only reason i did it was to add a little flavor to the system thats going it. im also looking to put in a cage. if anyone can direct me to a place that can do it that would be great. or maybe even a bolt on. thanks

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Can you show us pics with the rear carpet down. I want to see how it looks with carpet around the mounts.

·
Tartan Pimpernel
230 Posts
nice job.

always wondered if there was any difference between front and rear braces apart from the mounting brackets..?

-c-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts