Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Inline for the win
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a supplier who sells the TRD replica hood for a decent price. I would love to get the real one, but I can justify spending $1700.00 on it. I have considered getting a CF version and having painted all black minus the underneath. Otherwise I misewell hold out and buy the Top Secret Hood.

Any suggestions?

Mani,
do you sell the hood since I know you supplied my buddy (V10EATER) with that beautiful replica TRD kit?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I don't have the hoods in stock... e mail me at [email protected] so we can discuss prices and ETA.
Take care
Mani

·
Registered
111 Posts
How much do they weigh? I have opened up a few CF hoods and they seem to weigh much more then the oem hood.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
There are different manufacturers of the TRD Carbon hoods.

I was lucky enough to get a high quality one.

I have installed others that were so thin that the latches wouldn't close because the hood flexed so badly that the metal latches mounted on the hood flexed into the hood.

·
Registered
885 Posts
where did you buy yours at T78?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
SupraDupra_17 said:
whats the difference between the 3 hoods on importfan.com? carbon/dupont kevlar/carbon kevlar?
I would never install anything on my car from ImportFan.

·
Pimpin it hard
313 Posts
As crappy as it sounds, I got a CF replica TRD hood from VIS racing through Premierautowerks.com for $700. They said the fitment was good, and it was. The only thing is that working with VIs is like winning the lottery; the fitment can be good or horrible. It's just like any aftermarket hood though; I've seen true Veilside hoods that fit like shit and others that fit excellently.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
I agree its almost as if you have to gamble when buying one of these hoods.:(

Fortunately I bought Ryan's hood so I shouldn't have any issues with mine. I will let everyone know how it fits, etc when I get it. I probably won't have it until the end of this month.

*Little off topic but does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep this hood clean? I don't want hair line scratches all over the place.:)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
I agree its almost as if you have to gamble when buying one of these hoods.:(

Fortunately I bought Ryan's hood so I shouldn't have any issues with mine. I will let everyone know how it fits, etc when I get it. I probably won't have it until the end of this month.

*Little off topic but does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep this hood clean? I don't want hair line scratches all over the place.:)
Just treat it like a painted surface. Give it a good coat of wax everytime you clean your car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts