Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a TRD srut bar on a boostlogic t-67 kit or similiar? Will it clear? I was also wanting to get an HKS heat shield. I'm planning on getting the strut bar chromed or polished, but haven't had a chance to install my turbo kit yet. If it's not gonna fit, I don't want to waste the money on polishing, I'll just sell and find something that does. If it does, can anybody chrome or polish for a good price? I probally need to get a hold of AZMoongoose again. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
not sure if this will help but on a sp63 turbo kit it would not clear for some odd thing.

so we went with a cusco carbonfiber overlay unit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger, thanks, do you know what manifold was used? I'm guessing it's not gonna work.:(

·
10,459 Posts
FUKPIE said:
Ranger, thanks, do you know what manifold was used? I'm guessing it's not gonna work.:(
sp one and the sp one is a hks replica.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but I've heard that the BL kits are lower in the engine bay, and would probably allow enough room to clear the strut tower bar. I'm sure one of the BL guy can chime in and let you know for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Ranger498 said:
not sure if this will help but on a sp63 turbo kit it would not clear for some odd thing.

so we went with a cusco carbonfiber overlay unit.

hmm... what makes the SP63 different from, say SP77 if you say it wont fit.

Here's a pic of SP77 from Mike's car:

Krister

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Does any of you guys know about a SP63? Will it clear the TRD strut bar?

-Olivier

·
Registered
67 Posts
Seth(VeilsideTT)...you gonna' chime in here? I know you don't have that STB but that kit does, indeed look really low!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would ASSUME that it fits. I have the 67 on the BL manifold and the turbo sits VERY low, almost recessed into the engine bay.

Just call Kean to be sure, i bet he could tell you.

·
10,459 Posts
Krister said:
hmm... what makes the SP63 different from, say SP77 if you say it wont fit.

Here's a pic of SP77 from Mike's car:

Krister
dont know but it did not clear with his kit also forgot too add that he had an sp intake that mighthave been the problem

·
10,459 Posts
ToyotaSupraT78 said:
It fit over the T78 that I had on, but it hits the bottom of the hood and rubbed paint off the bar...anybody else have that problem?
this unit sits lower than a cusco one and i have no issues with mine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for everyone's help. I probally will just have to check with Kean to be sure. I need to ask him a few other questions anyway. I think if it sits low with the BL manifold it shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts