Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I purchased a set of TRD sway bars a month ago and they continue to squeak. I had my local toyota dealership reapply some grease and they still won't quit esp. if I hit a bump. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't have any more problems once I removed the brackets and greased them up really good. Make sure the grease is waterproof.

Kevin.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the problem when I had my TRD sway bar in. My front end sounded very bad like it was going to fall apart or something. Then I ordered some kind of grease for the bushing from energy suspension (sorry I don't remember what was the name of it), applied it and the noise is gone.

VETKILR said:
Hey guys. I purchased a set of TRD sway bars a month ago and they continue to squeak. I had my local toyota dealership reapply some grease and they still won't quit esp. if I hit a bump. Any suggestions?
http://www.energysuspension.com/index.html

G

·
0 Posts
You could try wrapping the sway bars with teflon tape. This is something we did on my friend's civic with a huge rear sway bar for racing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Something I've done to help keep the grease in there longer is to grind a little groove inside the bushing with a Dremel tool,and pack it with some teflon grease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts