Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there really 2 kinds of trd sway bars for the mkiv supra? One being the big a** red bar, and the other being the regular red bar?

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
The big ones are larger. Not sure by how much. Search. Most people agree that if you are going to spend the big bucks for the big a$$ bars, you might as well get the Titan ones.

Steve K.

·
11,221 Posts
For just normal street and track use, the regular ones are just fine. The BA or the Titan one is basically for dedicated track use, or as least I think so. Also, I'm not sure what Toyota was thinking with the BA ones, as you have to trim off the ends or else it'll break the speed sensors.

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
Toyota never sold them, only MVP did. The TRD big ass swaybar will probably never be produced again either.

·
OG
1,059 Posts
IMO, the stillens are the best bang for the buck - they are stiffer than stock, so the car will corner flatter; the rear is adjustable (although the one in the website pic does not show that) and yiu can shift the balence from understeering like a pig closer to neutral. They are also moderately priced, and the car ride does not suffer at all. A really good compromise for the guys who do most of their driving on the street, with a few DE events.

Cheers
Rich B

PS. Blaze is correct - the TRD and the stillen are the same. Get whichever you can get for less.

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
From what I know Stillen and the TRD sway bars are exactly identical, because stillen manufactured the swaybars for TRD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts