Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the new TRD diff center today, pics below.

just wondering if anyone has pics of the jza70 centre diff so i can compare it and see if there is any difference?

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
sweet:) but how much is it... may i ask?!

chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supraman741 said:
sweet:) but how much is it... may i ask?!

chris
If they still make them they were retailing for $1000 US however i was lucky enough to find this for well under half of that.

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
:finger: YOU SUCK!!!!! LOL jk thats a badass find!!!!! :bigok: tell us how it feels once u get it in:D

hope i can find some good finds like this soon!!!

chris

E

·
0 Posts
cusco makes LSD for our MKIII's anyone know if thereany good? they run about 900.00 bucks.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Kaaz has one for us too, in the 8-900 price range. 2 way lsd.

Drjonez, yep I would like to see those pics to compare. We can have a new jza70 lsd for 800 - used for 500.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
yeah, cusco and kazz make diffs (1-2 way). both are clutch pack. from what i understand, the kazz is a bit better....

expect pix mondayish...

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
emissionzero said:
kazz better then trd?
I heard the LSD's for our cars are universal.
just because it says "TRD" on it doesn't mean its the best thing since sliced bread. TRD commonly takes existing products and slaps their name on it along w/a hefty price increase. examples: "trd clutch" = RPS stage 1, "trd struts" = tokico illum 2s, "trd AFPR" = TWM induction AFPR....the list goes on....

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
i've heard of the kaaz diffs, i know they're rather popular amongst the higher power RX7 crowd, that's about all i know tho...

-J

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
drjonez said:
I am not sure about actual diff unit compatibility (splines, etc). I'd venture to guess the form factor is the same, but the output spline pattern may be different...
You're wondering the same thing as me.

There are actually 3 different 8" truck rears though. The 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and high pinion units are all different. Obviously, we can't use high pinion stuff, unless someone wants 5 reverse gears for some odd reason, but the 4 and 6 cylinder units are apparently not interchangeable in the different center sections even though the axles are splined the same (30 spline).

The ring and pinion sets are different between the 4 and 6 cylinder models as well. Wich gears were you referring to on mk3 tech? Everything I have seen regarding the fitment of 8" bits to the mk3 rear doesn't specify wich 8". Has anyone tried this?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.