Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something that'll hold a couple 700+ Dyno pulls and then street use at 550-600, but don't want an on/off switch. After looking on mkiv.com it says the twin is an 8 out of 10 with 10 being on/off and 1 being stock... pretty extreme if you ask me.

Anyone have real world experience?

What other clutches would you reccomend in the same class... I don't mind different I just don't want harsh on/off --

It might see a couple of passes at the track on ET streets, but I'll prolly drive it 2-3 seconds slower then it can go (driving skills own me)

·
Banned
663 Posts
Danny, a friend of mine had this in his Supra. It is not a very drag friendly clutch because it is quite on/off and not easily slippable. It also rattles very loudly due to a LW undamped flywheel. Sounds like a tractor at idle!

For drag racing at 700rw you want the ACT Yellow PP, stock flywheel and the HPF Bronze Disc. If you plan to slip the clutch ALOT off the line (with room for more power), the Feramic disc is the ticket. This is in terms of single disc clutch.

Going to multidisc, your options are the RPS C/C....or the Tilton.

This is if you plan to drag race on the slicks and try for good 60fts.

Those are also listed from least expensive, to most expensive.

I have driven the HPF , TRD Twin, RPS Stg III. In terms of on/off and chatter the HPF is the best, then the RPS Stg III / TRD Twin are pretty close. Both of those chatter pretty bad, and are quite on/off though.

All of those clutches will hold the power on the dyno and the street from a roll though. The clutch selection becomes critical when you slip it off the line for drag starts. Otherwise....there are MANY clutches which are good for just holding power. Just depends how much drag racing you plan to do.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude! do you ever sleep? I should have just called you... didn't even think of it.

Thanks... I'll call you tomorrow when I'm in your neck of the woods.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,186 Posts
hey man... i have a trd twin disk....i love it...i think its very easily slippable...i slip the shyt out of it everytime im at the track...no regrets here...all u need to do is raise ure idle to 1000 and there will be no chatter from the flywheel...great clutch man...u will not regret it at all!!

G

·
I was running the blitz twin disk clutch, its the clutch you want to go with if your planning on going twin disk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts