Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, does anyone have the install manual for this clutch??
I installed one today in my white car, and the thing makes QUITE a bit of noise.
Is that fairly normal for this clutch?? I had no install instructions, and just wondering if I may have forgot to do something that is causing this noise.
Any and all help would be great.

Tim

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
I have just got the TRD Twin Plate Clutch installed.
Yes it sounds a bit, bit it have springs so its not that bad.
Mostly on idle, but my rpm seem to be around 1.000 at idle....

So its not that bad for me...
I might have the instructions left, could mabye bring them to work and scan them.
If they are not on the internet already..

P.S

Did you change all the extra parts ?
Bearings,flywheel bolts and such ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the exedy twin disc which is supposed to be the exact same clutch. It is normal for the tranny to chatter so much at idle, but you can just raise the idle to around 1000 and it'll go away. The light pedal and ability to hold alot of power makes up for the chatter. You'll get used to the chatter after awhile and enjoy the awesome clutch.

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
shupore said:
I have the exedy twin disc which is supposed to be the exact same clutch. It is normal for the tranny to chatter so much at idle, but you can just raise the idle to around 1000 and it'll go away. The light pedal and ability to hold alot of power makes up for the chatter. You'll get used to the chatter after awhile and enjoy the awesome clutch.
Have to agree that the clutch is really awesome :bigthumb:
Best money that i spent on the Supra so far

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ulrik said:
I have just got the TRD Twin Plate Clutch installed.
Yes it sounds a bit, bit it have springs so its not that bad.
Mostly on idle, but my rpm seem to be around 1.000 at idle....

So its not that bad for me...
I might have the instructions left, could mabye bring them to work and scan them.
If they are not on the internet already..

P.S

Did you change all the extra parts ?
Bearings,flywheel bolts and such ?
If you can scan the instructions, that would be a GREAT help, thanks.
I realize that it supposed to rattle somewhat at idle, which it does, but mine actually makes MORE noise when the clutch is ENGAGED driving down the road.
If I push the clutch in while it is making noise, it goes away.
I've raised my idle to 1050, and it makes it much better at idle, but I still have the noise while driving.

Tim

·
Registered
446 Posts
basupra said:
If you can scan the instructions, that would be a GREAT help, thanks.
I realize that it supposed to rattle somewhat at idle, which it does, but mine actually makes MORE noise when the clutch is ENGAGED driving down the road.
If I push the clutch in while it is making noise, it goes away.
I've raised my idle to 1050, and it makes it much better at idle, but I still have the noise while driving.

Tim
Does the noise go away as your rpm's rise? I've noticed the tranny makes alot of noise if I am in too high a gear.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
Twincharge has it on his and I heard no chatter. I was suprised there was none. That is why I am really considering this kit. I dont want alot of chatter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts