Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
One of my close friends has that unit on his 00 Tacoma Prerunner. Excellent application and torque is instant. He can spin the tires while already rolling.

Make sure you get the updated tensioner and check for ping around 2500-3000 rpm. Unless you get a fuel kit then even a K&N stock drop in will make it ping badly.

He tells me you can simply call TRD and ask them for a smaller pulley and will get it sent for free. It reduces boost by 1psi and apparently cures the ping issue. There have been a few minor updates to the 3.4 supercharger resulting in greater reliability and safety. PM me if you need me to find out what he has had fixed on his.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
a smaller pulley increases boost... :bigthumb:

Supra87T said:
One of my close friends has that unit on his 00 Tacoma Prerunner. Excellent application and torque is instant. He can spin the tires while already rolling.

Make sure you get the updated tensioner and check for ping around 2500-3000 rpm. Unless you get a fuel kit then even a K&N stock drop in will make it ping badly.

He tells me you can simply call TRD and ask them for a smaller pulley and will get it sent for free. It reduces boost by 1psi and apparently cures the ping issue. There have been a few minor updates to the 3.4 supercharger resulting in greater reliability and safety. PM me if you need me to find out what he has had fixed on his.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts