Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of the recent install of the TRD steering wheel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fitting of the TRD wheel...

XLR82XS I saw that you have a 94 supra in ur sig... I was wondering how the install was for the wheel... I mean the plugs and everything... did they match up correctly since it was designed for a 97-98 supra... thanks...

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
The air bag plug has to be cut and spliced to fit in a 98'.The factory cruise control switch does mount and work in the factory location with some modifications.Plug and play{except cruise}on other years.

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
Only for 98' you need to cut the air bag plug from stock air bag and splice onto the TRD wheel.{squib change for 98 only}

For the 93.5-97 the air bag plug is identical.

The cruise control plug is not affected ,98 reuse cruise switch.ON 93.5-97 Use the 98 cruise switch #84630-14130 L=$131.49 C=$92.49

To install the cruise switch.

A] Locate and dremel the identical square hole on the right side of the strg wheel housing.[the size of the felt square gasket 1.5"x1.5"]

B]Remove the cruise switch {2 screws] and the felt gasket for the hole.[off old wheel]

c] Hot glue the felt gasket to the opening of the hole you just cut.

D] Install the cruise switch by the top screw only,bottom one leave off.{no place to put it}

E] On the TRD air bag remove the white plastic cover that holds the plug in place.{don't need}

F] Install the stg wheel on car and tighten nut,plug in cruise control switch and ground wire for horn.

G] Plug in the air bag connector and install air bag{3screws}

H] The yellow air bag wire has enough slack so that you can move it off to the upper left side of the housing. The air bag is a tight fit so that when its installed,the back of the housing is resting on top of the cruise switch.This keeps the switch in place and won't move,even though its only held in by one screw.

Feel free to call me if I haven't explained this that well.

If the weather is nice for Dayton ,I'll have the dawg with me and I can open for inspection.

Otherwise I'll bring My soon to be TRD MATRIX XRS with.

See profile to find me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts