Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok couple you guys know i wrecked my supra couple weeks ago. Now is time to fix her up. Im planning on doing the TRD widebody kit. Replica of course sinces the TRD is to much money for my budget. Here is my question does any know where i can find it for a good price and with omost perfect fitment. I now MVP has it but they are asking to much for it. I found it on www.bodykits.org for 2100 shipped and it includes hood and wing. Is it a good deal?

Also if you know where i can find the Ridox replica that would work too.

·
FAITH
604 Posts
2 grand and wide body don't go together. Save yourself the hassle and instead of half assing it get a normal body kit. Or better yet just restore it back to stock.

-Khader

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Khader K. said:
2 grand and wide body don't go together. Save yourself the hassle and instead of half assing it get a normal body kit. Or better yet just restore it back to stock.

-Khader
+ 1

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damm i though i could find it that cheap.... I guess im have to go just with a kit then. Where can i find ridox replica? I know there some one selling the front bumper and he say its replica.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
TRDSupraT78 said:
damm i though i could find it that cheap.... I guess im have to go just with a kit then. Where can i find ridox replica? I know there some one selling the front bumper and he say its replica.
get all your body kits from modellista design (mykarisvicious= curtis) :)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I would have to agree with everyone else, not just because i have one for sale, but because you gotta pay to play! Body kits, especially widebodies are something you dont wanna go cheap on, most of the time, they are cheap quality, arent hand laid fiberglass, shitty fitment, and just so bad overall, your bodyshop will be having a nightmare just getting it to match up with the bodylines, which = more money outta your pocket to fix. If you cant afford widebody, then do like sleek said, and get yourself a regular kit from modellista designs, who make good quality replicas.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
How much do you plan on dropping to get the kit put on???? Lets just say you pick up a half decent TRD kit for 2100, you think its a simple kit to put on?? It takes most shops atleast 2 to 3 weeks to get it on and painted. and you want a Ridox kit to fit a widebody your looking at more work. Like everyone is saying go get a regular kit or put it back to stock.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
while what they say is true, a real trd is still fiberglass and will still have to be modified to work on your car. Im not saying TRD is junk, its just ever body person in the world does the work different, and no one car even out of the same press is the same. So in long run, its more of do you want to spend $4k and cut it up or $2K and cut it up. There is NO perfect, bolt on kit unless you drive a honda with finder gaps larger enough for birds to fly in.

Also as they said aboiut it take a shop for ever to do the wide body install. my guy was slow but car was in the shop for almost 2 years total time, that includes, delivering the car, stripping the car, making the kit fit, fixing all the body work, painting the car, then repainting the car... I say figure at least $1500-2K more than what they tell you for labor on install. Then say at least $3-5K for paint. So the $2100 kit just jumped to $9100 + the quote for labor, then you need new wheels, $2-3K depending on what you want, then tires, its ads up in a hurry. I didnt cut corners on my car and did a few different things but paint, labor, wheels and tires, boby kit, materials etc... i have probaly $18-20K in the wide body. I say by all means if you can swing it do it, I know when i have another supra it will have a wide body as well.

G

·
KERR said:
while what they say is true, a real trd is still fiberglass and will still have to be modified to work on your car. Im not saying TRD is junk, its just ever body person in the world does the work different, and no one car even out of the same press is the same. So in long run, its more of do you want to spend $4k and cut it up or $2K and cut it up. There is NO perfect, bolt on kit unless you drive a honda with finder gaps larger enough for birds to fly in.

Also as they said aboiut it take a shop for ever to do the wide body install. my guy was slow but car was in the shop for almost 2 years total time, that includes, delivering the car, stripping the car, making the kit fit, fixing all the body work, painting the car, then repainting the car... I say figure at least $1500-2K more than what they tell you for labor on install. Then say at least $3-5K for paint. So the $2100 kit just jumped to $9100 + the quote for labor, then you need new wheels, $2-3K depending on what you want, then tires, its ads up in a hurry. I didnt cut corners on my car and did a few different things but paint, labor, wheels and tires, boby kit, materials etc... i have probaly $18-20K in the wide body. I say by all means if you can swing it do it, I know when i have another supra it will have a wide body as well.
^Well said^ Paint, labor, and wheels do add up quick when your going widebody. The kit itself ends up being the cheapest part of the equation. I say think about it some more and plan out a budget before taking the plunge and regretting it down the road.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
The 'etc' of the widebody kit is what's prevented me from taking the plunge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts