Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes I searched never could figure the correct answer from all the posts. Please don't lock this.

Here is my nightmare. I bought the kit off of Mani. I do not have it installed yet and I am trying to pre order my rims. I want the Veilside Andrew Evolution V's. Can someone please give me the offset for the wheels 18 x 10 front and 18 x 12 rear from someone who has this kit or even measure the distance from the rotor to the inner fender lip for both front and rear. Veilside says the kit only widens the car by 25 mm and I need an 11 inch rim and have to use their offsets avail but I want the MAX rim I can run with this kit. I know this subject has been beat to death but for the love of God I want some friggen rims before I die of old age. I don't want to install the kit and drive around with the wrong size wheels for 4 months nor do I want to risk spending thousands for rims that don't fill the fender well. I want to run 335 / 30 r 18 or 345 in the rear and yes I don't know squat about offsets, high disk, low disk ect ect.

Andrew racing Evolution V

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,

Is that low, med, or high disk - can you tell me what is the actual measurement over stock to the inside fender lip.

Very nice car by the way.

John

G

·
It really varies by installation. Mine for instance is a safe 120mm in the rear from the face of the hub to the inner lip and 95mm in the front. Again these numbers are not constant will change with every kit installed, so do not use this info as a gauranteed fitment only as a reference.
Mike

1997SilverTT said:
Mike,

Is that low, med, or high disk - can you tell me what is the actual measurement over stock to the inside fender lip.

Very nice car by the way.

John

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,

Please check out the the link above would any of these offsets work for the 12" rims.

Thanks
John

·
^^ For Sale $32k OBO :)
162 Posts
MK4 Pilot said:
18x10 +35 front
18x12 +29 rear

but do not take my word for it confirm fitiment after your car is complete.
Mike
That doesn't sound right to me... The offset ppl use for stock body MKIV is +40mm front/rear. Being +35 will only bring the front out by 5mm, and 11mm for the rear. I'm running some huge ass spacers on my TRD Widebody (from mani) while I save up $$ for my wheels, so I'm thinking the offset for TRD Widebody MKIV Needs to be the following formula:

- (40 - Width of my spacers) mm

The spacers I have are around 1.25" front, and 1.75" rear.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DKNYSprt95 said:
That doesn't sound right to me... The offset ppl use for stock body MKIV is +40mm front/rear. Being +35 will only bring the front out by 5mm, and 11mm for the rear. I'm running some huge ass spacers on my TRD Widebody (from mani) while I save up $$ for my wheels, so I'm thinking the offset for TRD Widebody MKIV Needs to be the following formula:

- (40 - Width of my spacers) mm

The spacers I have are around 1.25" front, and 1.75" rear.
Not true if you are comparing a 9" rim to a 10" rim or a 10" rim to a 12" rim. I think most people can run a 18 x 9 +48 rim in front without rolling fender and a 18 x 10 +47 rim in rear without rolling fender....So a 10" rim in the front with a +35 will push the rim out by around 1" and a 12" rim in the rear +29 will push the rim out by around 2" If I am following the offsets correctly.

John

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dear 1997SilverTT,
I am installing the WB TRD kit to a customer of mine and i was having a problem choosing the right wheels for him as the customer left it for me to pick the right wheels to suite the TRD kit. You just inspired me by your post and the Andrew racing Evolution V wheels are really nice. So, in retern i will give you the right off sets for the 18-12 in the rear and 18-9.5 in the front confirmed by VS in Japan. Here is part of their letter:

Regarding the Veilside Evolution V Wheels for the TRD,

18/9.5 +12mm Silver Disk

18/12 +30mm Silver Disk

As for the Veilside wheels, Front is High Disk and Rear is Low Disk (unless you have huge caliper for Rear).

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Husam

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
red poison said:
Dear 1997SilverTT,
I am installing the WB TRD kit to a customer of mine and i was having a problem choosing the right wheels for him as the customer left it for me to pick the right wheels to suite the TRD kit. You just inspired me by your post and the Andrew racing Evolution V wheels are really nice. So, in retern i will give you the right off sets for the 18-12 in the rear and 18-9.5 in the front confirmed by VS in Japan. Here is part of their letter:

Regarding the Veilside Evolution V Wheels for the TRD,

18/9.5 +12mm Silver Disk

18/12 +30mm Silver Disk

As for the Veilside wheels, Front is High Disk and Rear is Low Disk (unless you have huge caliper for Rear).

Hope that helps.

Husam,

Thanks for the info good luck with your project.

John
Regards,
Husam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts