Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a TRD widebody with the stock wing? I have heard it doesn't look right, but I would like to see it for myself.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Doesnt look right to me. Looks ok because we are used to the stock wing. If you look at the kit though it has mostly straightlines and straight angles. No curves to go with the curve of the stock wing.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
It doesn't look right. The TRD widebody rear bumper is shorter, meaning closer to the body of the car. The TRD wing that you see on 99% of TRD widebodies really compliments the lines of the kit.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
can you use the oem rear bumper with the TRD Wide Rear fenders?
NOPE, fenders stick out more then the stock rear bumper. So unless you plan on cutting your stock bumper to fit, you usually go with the WB rear bumper also.

The TRD wing that you see on 99% of TRD widebodies really compliments the lines of the kit.
I'm sorry but i'm one a very few guys on here that just dont like either one of the stock or TRD wings. And i dont think your percentage is correct on the wing part. I think that half the guys are running either a GT wing, wingless or a different wing.

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
You know what I think it is? I think the stock wing isn't wide enough to match the rear fenders. The TRD wing, or the RM replicas end stabilizers are flared out, then up, which gives those spoilers quite a bit longer center wing length. The stock Supra wing, on the other hand, is shorter, lengthwise.

I never thought a stock wing would bad with the TRD widebody, but now that I've seen pictures, I agree with those who said it doesn't exactly match the lines. It's not terrible, but it's not perfect.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
You know what I think it is? I think the stock wing isn't wide enough to match the rear fenders. The TRD wing, or the RM replicas end stabilizers are flared out, then up, which gives those spoilers quite a bit longer center wing length. The stock Supra wing, on the other hand, is shorter, lengthwise.

I never thought a stock wing would bad with the TRD widebody, but now that I've seen pictures, I agree with those who said it doesn't exactly match the lines. It's not terrible, but it's not perfect.
Agreed. The stock wing isn't wide enough for the TRD guards.

Also wingless looks bad enough with stock body, let alone widebody. Seems like wingless is the new craze to replace the RMM wing craze.

Dan.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Also wingless looks bad enough with stock body, let alone widebody. Seems like wingless is the new craze to replace the RMM wing craze.

Dan.
I'm with ya. It's love it or hate it with the wingless thing. The Supra just looks so penile without one. Kerr's widebody is a widened TRD, and uses the stock wing, and a lot of people agree, that bitch is beautiful.

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
I'll be honest and say I like the wingless look, but a Supra just isn't a Supra without it's characteristic rear spoiler.

One of the nicer wingless widebody Supras I have seen is Jim Edwards's, found on T04R.com.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts