Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you guys tell me if i take my stock MKIV rounded wing off to install the square TRD wing, are there any alterations that need to be made and do the feet "lign up" on the trunk lid perfectly to cover up any marks on the hatch from the original wing?

and also where do you recommend i buy one?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I saw this post if this helps?

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
Buy from @amigos

You dont have to alter anything unless you buy a piece of shit ebay made in china wing. You'll spend more having a body shop make it fit then spending money on a quality wing to start with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Buy from @amigos

You dont have to alter anything unless you buy a piece of shit ebay made in china wing. You'll spend more having a body shop make it fit then spending money on a quality wing to start with.
Curious have you purchased a wing from amigos or any of their other products they produce?

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
He has solid reviews from buyers...if sell my authentic trd spoiler I'm buying one of his.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious have you purchased a wing from amigos or any of their other products they produce?
He has solid reviews from buyers...if sell my authentic trd spoiler I'm buying one of his.
let me get this straight...you already had an authentic trd spoiler and you sold it to buy one of his?
why? if the one you had was already authentic, what's different with the one you had compared to the one he sells?

·
Registered
779 Posts
So, I'm in the middle of moving and not so much cash strapped as I am prioritizing but I'd totally donate my sperm or something to finance one of those OEM carbon fiber jokers. I need that so bad, not for any real reason other than it'll match my hood and I've never seen one. I've been watching too and pinging them on Facebook as well, trying to do my research. I hope they sell them long enough for me to re-prioritize.

·
Boost Junkie
12,688 Posts
You won't have an issue.....unless:

My car was wingless from the factory. Someone installed a wing. It looks factory....but it isn't. Therefore when I took it off the holes are actually in a different place due to the aftermarket wing. So in order to install a TRD wing, I'd have to drill new holes. I decided to just sell the TRD wing and keep my "stock" wing.

Steve

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine lined up very well, and didn't need to adjust/cover anything. I bought some adhesive backed EPDM foam from McMaster and made new gaskets, and it was ready to go.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i cant DM him yet, apparently you have to be an elite member and have over 30 posts of something like that to become one?? stupid if you ask me
Message him on IG, he responds instantly(@trd3000gt_r).
I believe he's the only one who makes a truly forged carbon fiber TRD wing, with perfect fitment. Not the FRP wrapped in thin Carbon BS that everyone else sells.
Be forewarned; It isn't cheap, there's a 4-5wk line last time I checked, and it's shipped from Russia.
But I've only heard good things.
I'm buying my TRD wing from him.

·
Registered
97 Posts
He’s actually building mine currently, I’m pretty excited. I went full forged TRD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As far as his pricing goes I wouldn’t call it expensive by any means of comparison personally. That’s not a money statement, but a statement to the quality of his workmanship and materials used. If you haven’t checked his work out I highly recommend doing so.

Unfortunately and specifically in the car sphere there is so much absolute trash being passed off as 100% carbon fiber, perfect OEM fit etc etc etc. I won’t name names, but this past month I purchased a large carbon part for my car. I bought it with confidence fully expecting it to be exactly what it was described and advertised to be. Product was advertised as 100% carbon on their website I received additional confirmation from a “technician” while discussing fitment prior to my purchase.

Then, it arrived several weeks later the day it was expected, box looked like it fell from the plane at 30,000ft coming to a rest on my porch, so everything is still as expected. No damage it was packaged very well. As I removed the packaging I was getting pretty excited it looked absolutely amazing. My plan was to paint this item body color no matter how good/bad it looked. However, not a single strand in the weave was out of place, it was finished extremely well and would look at home unpainted and shown off. It truly looked great, and wow the weight savings over the part it was to replace was noticeable to say the least.

At this point I had to flip it over, repackage it a bit for temporary storage in my office. Upon flipping it over I got that immediate and overwhelming sense of MF this doesn’t look like what I was expecting…The back was black like carbon, but damn, it looked like some MF fiberglass painted flat black. As I began to inspect my “100% carbon” part I did the whole, “no way I’m just looking at it wrong,” and all the other crap you start to tell yourself when you know you didn’t get what you paid for. Looking closer only added to my irritation as I accepted that, what I actually had was an amalgamation, red headed stepchild; pretty facade of Carbon over unwanted fiberglass.

Needless to say I was pissed, I did wait to call support till I was slightly less pissed though…. Upon calling I was transferred to a “knowledgeable technician,” which was perfect because I needed a knowledgeable technician to help me figure out how I ordered a 100% carbon part, that turned out to be less than what I was expecting. I was informed I did in fact receive a “100% carbon part.” Yes, I had more questions which all of them condensed to: Why in the F is it a carbon facade over fiberglass then, why is there fiberglass at Fing all? I did receive an answer… “Oh the fiberglass is only used to help maintain the shape when it’s curing, yada yada yada.” So, that plus other sales speak BS in the attempt to explain how it’s okay that my “100% carbon” part isn’t just carbon, and how it’s actually supposed to be that way, and how, because the fiberglass is only used for (insert BS here) it’s okay and it’s still a 100% carbon part…

Apologies if this post is riddled with errors I have no internet typed this out on my phone; my damn neighbor cut my fiber and I’m still way more pissed about my recent parts purchase than I even realized. I’m stoked about my forged TRD wing though, so there’s that. All to say specifically with carbon fiber car parts the most expensive carbon part is the one you buy that’s at best not what you wanted and at worst total crap. Amigos is the real deal. He prioritizes quality, workmanship and materials. When some time has passed I’ll post up pictures of different carbon car parts that I’ve bought that weren’t as advertised… It unfortunately encompasses more than just this part for this Supra. Oh and my carbon fiberglass lovechild was not much less upfront than having the same piece done right, and I still have to buy the one done right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts