Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just got my Trial rear bumper fitted today, and the problem right now is that its touching the exhaust (HKS Carbon Ti). The attached pic should explain the problem better. I need suggestions on what I should do on this. Would it be possible to shift the tip by changing the immediate pipe attached to it? What do you guys think?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
you should be able to loosen up the hangers for the exhaust and shift it a bit

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quite a few exhausts have this problem, or worse. The VeilSide Ti sits perfectly on mine. As above, if you can't shift it easily then you can try getting it bent slightly. It just depends how much you want that exhaust and that bumper.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shifting it over. Should've tried that out in the first place. I'll give that a try tmw. Thanks!

And on the problems with exhausts for this bumper, I've be searching around, and it seems like the HKS Ti and the Carbon Ti are the ones that really having trouble with it.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Try bending it. Even if you shift it it might not be centered. To get my muffler to fit with my top secret diffuser I had to take the tip off my muffler already on it and make custom pipping all the way back. Definetly worth it in the end.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't had the time to try and shift it yet. I went and got myself one of those rubber "donuts" that's holding up the exhaust tip to the bracket, but this one is a lot tighter than the stock ones. I'm gonna see if it can pull it slightly to the right a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.