Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help diagnosing why my triangle /!\ light is on the dash. It has been burning for maybe two years now as I removed the EGR, TRC etc at the samt time and didnt have the energy to find out why it's burning. I also removed the Euro diff cooler (did a 6spd swap with a JDM diff) so I had the diff oil light burning. Today I put a correct resistor on the diff cooler plug which turned off the diff oil light but to my disapointment, it didnt turn off the triangle.

In a nutshell:

EGR is removed, and I have the 10 ohm resistor on the plug
TRAC is removed, and I have the two 10 ohm resistors on the TRAC plug in the engine bay. The TRAC ECU is also removed. I however have the TRC OFF light on on the left hand dash piece.

Car has AEM and the LS10 that I believe turns on the triangle is disabled.

Any ideas?

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
I think your over thinking it. The triangle can come for something as simple as the door sensor not making contact on the copper plates. Look up all the causes that aren't CEL related with the triangle and start checking each one of them out. You might be surprised about what it is.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looking for some suggestions. If the door sensor isnt getting contact, then the interior light would be on all the time.

Is there a list somewhere for the reasons the triangle turns on? Havent seen one.

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Check your engine oil and brake oil levels.

·
Car guy
803 Posts
I pulled the bulb for the trac light. I think you need to do the resisters in the vsc wiring and the (!) light will go out. I think that is what I did when I went single. Go back and look up removing the trac pump and single install its all there.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, I'm such an idiot..! It was the door like the first poster wrote. When I tested the lights I had the door open and it has been so long when the triangle has worked correctly that I didnt know the door triggered the triangle :-D So the diff oil light was the culprint after all. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts