Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if it possible to trick out the doors of a mkiv supra so that they open up like a lambourgini diablo? up instead of out? and if so how is it possible and has it been done before? anybody know of pics of it or anything having to do with the subject would be great! thanks!

·
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not being rice at all......are you saying that diablos are rice because the doors flip up instead of out? come on...rice is throwing a v-tec sticker on your civic.......even though v-tec is in minivans too.....thats rice...im talking bout a modified supra with doors that open up that might even mean you could shave the handles and make it just a little more sleeker........thought it would be an interesting idea and wondered if anyone has done it or thought about it. thats all so keep your damn rice comments to yourself unless otherwise spoken too. your opinions mean less when they dont make sense!

J

·
0 Posts
Ok.... vtec on minivans is not rice, its used for fuel economy and such, its e-vtec. So don't go bashing vtec. Its the same thing as vvti. Anyway, this door modification is two thousand dollars a side, and makes the doors heavier, or so i've heard. There are a few pics of one from brandon motorsports (never go near there) with the lambo style doors. And STOP SAYING EVERYTHING IS RICE, HE ASKED HOW MUCH MONEY IT IS. I'll have some pics for you by tonight.

Lates,
Josh

Edit: whats stopping you from shaving your door handles now???

·
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Josh///M3 said:
Ok.... vtec on minivans is not rice, its used for fuel economy and such, its e-vtec. So don't go bashing vtec.
no josh i was just saying the ones who are sooo hyped up about having a damn vtec engine are dumb since they basically put the same engine in minivans....thats all......haha im not bashing the minivans! but neways yeah thanks for the info id love the pics and any other info you can give...do you know how much weight is added? it cant be that much maybe 5 lbs a door or something which is a lot in racing but not like damn thats bad.......and as per the door handles i could but i guess i just brought that up with this because if you the doors opened up the handles would be in a diferent place and therefore making it sleeker........and i agree with you about everybody saying everything is rice......nothing is rice on a fast car.......if you drive a POS and try and make it look fast then thats rice......if your car is all bark and no bite...thats rice.....but anything on a supra is not rice......maybe it looks bad but it cant be rice on a supra...thats near impossible. thanks again josh! looking forward to your info and pics!

J

·
0 Posts
I'll try to find a source for this mod, as i am interested in it too.

Lates,
Josh

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
I saw the black supra with it . it was sick. i talked to the guy who owned the car and was sellling it and he didnt know where or who did the doors . he said he bought it like that. I wa splanning on doing this setup i know it has been done already but fu** it I like it and will have it sometime this year . and you dont have to worry about dinging the door. Can any email me or post pics of the car with the lambo stlye doors? i cant find the pics I had. by the way you say its rice is a diablo rice cause of its doors?nope~XDreamer

p.s if you want rice buy a civic if you want a race car buy a supra and hook it up. LOL some live there life a quarter mile at a time I live my life at A mile at a time.

T

·
0 Posts
GOT RICE?

OK SO CALL ME A RICER TOO!!! I KINDA LIKE IT AS WELL....NO ACTUALLY I REALLY LIKE IT!!!! I HAVE THE CAR SAVED AS WALLPAPER ....I HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS A SHITTY JOB DONE ON IT THOUGH ,, BUT FROM THE PIC I HAVE IT DOESNT LOOK BAD!!! ANYWAY IF ANYONE GETS ANY INFO ON DOING IT LET ME KNOW ...WHO KNOWS I MIGHT TRY IT ONEDAY!!! TERRY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts