Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a T66 Supra from another board member and I want to fix a couple of issues. Here's the link to the setup for reference:

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16496

1) the idle seems a little off and it seems like it might be missing at high rpms. What Spark plugs are reccomended for a T66 setup and what gaping should I use?

2) I'm losing boost when I hit right over 1.2 bar. I noticed that he had the HKS racing blow off and when I looked it up, the blow off is rated up to 14 PSI! OBviously that's not enough right? What's the reccomended blow off? I hear TIAL is a good choice and I don't mind quiet.

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
try ngk 3330 or 6097 or denso iridium ik22

gaping all depends !
some people like .29 all the way up to .34

as for the bov i think your confusing the hks ss bov and the race one ..the rCE ING BOV IS RATED TO HOLD 40psi and should be fine ..i going with the tial and will be mabe selling some let me know via pm if your interested !

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's TWO HKS blow off's. The HKS racing and HKS Racing II. The racing II part is rated at 40+ PSI.

·
10,459 Posts
ok ok i see what you mean now i was looking at stores who sold bov and they did not have it listed !from what i see you will need a stronger bov or 2 of these units as the one unit is limiting you !

the tial might be the way to go then !

this is the bov you have correct!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, that's it. Also, the vacuum line for "pressure" was disconnected for some reason. Is this normal for single turbo setups? I T'd it into the vacuum line coming out of the turbo side and the idle improved and it seems to be running much better, however, the blow off valve still sounds like it's suffering from compressor surge. Any ideas?

·
10,459 Posts
wellit should have the vacume line connected ....

did you try adjusting it to see if it gets better or worse

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried adjusting the bolt and it didn't seem to get better. I believe the strongest spring is in it. I haven't opened it up to verify but the strongest one available is said to hold 14-18 PSI.

·
10,459 Posts
sounds lik you will need a new bov!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts