Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
new engine...bored 40 over...3mm greddy hg to lower compression so able to run more boost safer...engine bluebprinted and balance...wont run right tho...I am now getting no codes at all...idle is horrible...and when I try to give it gas it just does nothing....engine gets very quiet like plugs not firing anymore and rpms on guage just hover around 900rpm. When I let off of the gas rpms jump to abt 1500 rpm or so and at this point if I dont do anything it will return to horrible idle but if I quickly give it gas it will increase to any rpm I want it to no problem (this is all just sitting there in driveway of course but impossible to drive under load).

I have an F-Con hooked up & runs the same with or w/out the F-Con connected but the odd thing is if the F-Con is hooked up and (there is a connector between wire from F-Con and the solenoid) and one of the wires (green) from connector is unplugged the car starts to run "very well". In this state I still am unable to build boost properly. I cannot floor the throttle or same situation as described above. I can give it about 3/4 throttle and will get abt 8lbs (should be abt 20). It also runs very rich. I took it to get to get inspected and here are the figures if anyone understands this:

HC(PPM) at 25 mph
standard/current reading(mine)
140/406

CO%
.89/8.47

I am lost basically because getting no codes.....cannot find any vacuum leaks...the problem doesnt appear to be mechanical because with everything hooked up proper she runs like crap....but if I rig it and pull that one wire connecting F-Con to its solenoid it runs well....albeit rich.....any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Robert B

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the TPS is new so it "shouldnt" be bad but it was is there a simple way to check if it maybe just needs to be adjusted? tedious pull things off...adjust it in some way...put things back on and then start her and see what happens...

how could I check the manifold vacuum? The only thing I can come up with is some kind of vacuum leak as well but cant find anything....lemme also throw this out there....when I have it "rigged" so she will drive many times...not always...the idle will start to "lope" when I brake; anywhere between 1100 rpms to 400 rpms...I have been told this is a brake booster leak...could this be causing this kind of trouble? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts