Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I've been meaning to ask this for a while and now I did : )

What does the TTC do? I mean, I know what it is but what does it exactlt do? Is it good/bad? Benefits? Power? Everyday driving?
Good/bad for turbos, engine? Do you recommend it?

Thanx in advance guys...

Regards

Jiray Seropian
Supra TT -94 6-Speed
SWEDEN

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have one on my car. I don't know much about it since l'm not the one who put it in. :) But, it's nice thing to have sometimes.
It just turns both turbos at the same time instead of going one by one. :)
Other then it uses more gas, I don't think I gain much.
I'm not an expert but it's gotta be bad for your engine. Since it runs louder and harder when you start. I wouldn't drive it everyday in TTC mode.
It's kinda cool when you're switched to TTC mode, your BOV goes tssss!tssss! Shoots twice. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has to be pain to swith back and forth huh?

Anyone with certain data on if it is bad for the engine/turbos?

I got to get some answers : )

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I just have a switch next to traction control. I can swich back and forth anytime I want. :D
Here's a pic, it's red switch next to traction........

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it DIY install, the swith thing was cool... How?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found it on MKIV.com

Are you happy with the mod?

What is the difference between stock setup and TTC when you drive the car?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like sequential set up better. :)
You might get bigger push in the begining but you'll miss second turbo kicking in. :D
I rarely use TTC mode. Like I said earlier, it takes more gas, too. Since I'm going for T78 next year. I gonna enjoy sequential set up while I can. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hsk73 said:
I have one on my car. I don't know much about it since l'm not the one who put it in. :) But, it's nice thing to have sometimes.
It just turns both turbos at the same time instead of going one by one. :)
Other then it uses more gas, I don't think I gain much.
I'm not an expert but it's gotta be bad for your engine. Since it runs louder and harder when you start. I wouldn't drive it everyday in TTC mode.
It's kinda cool when you're switched to TTC mode, your BOV goes tssss!tssss! Shoots twice. :D
TTC does not waste more gas. At least it didn't on my car. Shouldn't gain or lose any hp, it really should stay the same. TTC is not bad for your engine, it is louder at idle because your exhaust is pre-spooling both turbos at the same time instead of just one. TTC is actually better for your turbos because it prevents a "kick-start" of your # 2 (prolongs turbo life). I personally like it better than sequential. BTW Why does your bov sound twice?

Chirs

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
To order to test, I drove my car full tank with TT and then same thing with ST. When I drove with TT, I had about 230-240miles and with ST, I drove around 260-270miles. May be I drove harder when I was in TT mode? :) Or, may be there's problem with install? I better get it checked. :)
Well, it doesn't shoot twice like I have two BOV. :) But, it sure makes different noises, doesn't it?
I only had this car for about a month, I want to get everything checked when I go to SP next week or so......... :)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Well, for 1/4 mile sequential is better - I had difference of 1 sec. I prefer sequential

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Peter Poland said:
Well, for 1/4 mile sequential is better - I had difference of 1 sec. I prefer sequential
I agree, sequential is better for 1/4 mi.

Chris

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DANKAHOLIK said:

I agree, sequential is better for 1/4 mi.

Chris
Why?

Some people say it is good for the turbos other says its bad...

Can I get a stright answer with facts to back it up?

Thanx in advance guys...

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
asdf

I think that sequential would be better for 1/4 mile runs cause launching in ttc mode is a little more difficult...but for highway runs ttc mode is much better...overall ttc is better for your turbos

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Slowpoke said:

Why?

Some people say it is good for the turbos other says its bad...

Can I get a stright answer with facts to back it up?

Thanx in advance guys...
TTC is NOT bad for your turbos, much better than seq. It prevents bad pre-spool of the # 2. But for drag racing sequential would be better because there is more lag associated with TTC, seq. would be better in the 1/4 mi.

Chris

·
Registered
658 Posts
Andi Baritchi has dynos of TTC and sequential they may not be posted on his site http://www.boostaholic.com/

TTC builds up midrange power quicker than sequential . The real reason to have it on a BPU 6 spd is that the kick from the #2 can cause compressor surge particulary with the higher then stock pressure we run and cause failure of number 2 TTC by avoiding the transition negatest he possiblity and is therefore better for turbo longevity.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Peter Poland said:
Luanching with street tires in TTC is difficult unless you slip the clutch, with drag radials it really shouldn't matter because you better be luanching at over 4500RPM's at which point both turbo's are online anyway. FWIW I cut my best 60' time on my 255 street tires (2.07sec) while in TTC, but I did slip the clutch, that being said I usually like SEQ at the track because I seem to be more consistant because it's harder to bog as bad as you can in TTC.
Also TTC is generally considered to be better for the Turbos, also the power delivery is much smoother. TTC usually doesn't work well with an auto or if you don't have a DP because of slightly increased lag.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds like you guys did the temp TTC. i prefer the permanant way like wiring open all the valves. it better and WAY louder than using the elec way. the reason you use more gas is because you tend to step on the gas more waiting for the boost to kick in. but when it does it feels good. its better for the #2 turbo because there is no more valve to open for second turbo to kick in thus reduces the shaft twist. its also way louder when you remove the whole valve near the cat. the ceramic one. but this is for the hardcore bpu because you have to remove a lot of shit.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
smokn u said:
its also way louder when you remove the whole valve near the cat. the ceramic one. but this is for the hardcore bpu because you have to remove a lot of shit.
I'll vouch for this. I'd recommend anyone who likes TTC to remove the egcv. If you are just wiring the exhaust side open the ceramic valve is just permanently wired open, there is still some restriction. IMO, if you take the egcv out and look at it you'll see that it blocks a lot of flow.

Chris

1 - 20 of 24 Posts