Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when doing the conversion do i need to also do the vacuum hose mod from the top of the AIC actuator to the VSV an the EGC actuator or do i just wire the actuators open!

·
Registered
658 Posts
just wire the actuators, before going to all that trouble I recomend you try it with the check valves. iThe power curve is different, it seems more peaky great on the highway sucky from a stoplight as the low end is not as powerful( i.e. more lag)

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnaks i was going to try the check valves first to see what it feels like !
only real reson im doing this is so i get use to the feel of a single!

many thanks !

Z

·
0 Posts
I have been running TTC for over 4 month now and I like it very much. since its better for the turbos also (pre-spool both turbo at same time). and yeh, thats what I tell people.."I have small single".

I would use only the check valve, order couple of sets from Toyota, or find yourself a metal check valve that will last longer.
if you wire it open, its very very hard to go back to sequential.
most of the time the check valve for the EGCV will go out first due to intense heat from the turbo. I had to replace it once..simple.

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zerosoul what did you do to keep the hoes on the check valve .wire ties ,band clamps ????

·
Registered
362 Posts
Guys,

Why not do the ETTC mod, it's much easier, you just need a couple of wires and a switch and a little soldering and you can switch between SEQ and TTC instantly to feel which mode you like best.

Flavio

·
0 Posts
I tired doing TTC by wiring it up, and now i wont get more then .2bar boost, I know i fucked something up, =X, and I broke something, so I knwo i can't put it back into seq =X, but I'll be heading out to Mani's this morning, we will figure out, what the hell is wrong. Ill keep you guys updated.

2 RIP

·
0 Posts
Also, does anyone have time, to UPDATE the old "how to TTC" on mkiv.com, b/c the pictures are not too clear.

2 RIP

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flavio how do i do this exactly im interested!
Flavio said:
Guys,

Why not do the ETTC mod, it's much easier, you just need a couple of wires and a switch and a little soldering and you can switch between SEQ and TTC instantly to feel which mode you like best.

Flavio

Z

·
0 Posts
RanGer498 said:
Zerosoul what did you do to keep the hoes on the check valve .wire ties ,band clamps ????
only use good quality Japanease vacuum hose, not Kragen hoses.
then I use tigh-up to secure the tips, never poped off, after it heats up a bit, its actually hard to get it off! (good thing).
ETTC sounds very interesting, but I couldnt understand the diagram and no one in my area knows how to do it, plus, I rather not mess with any electricals....not my specialty.
BTW, I by-passed both VSV (took it off) and ran hose straight from the steel vacuum tube to actuators (eliminated 2 hoses...less vacuum hose, the better!). works great, except sometimes the check valve will lose pressure so just have to get it pressurized again after monring start by driving it for couple of mnutes.

Jonas

·
259 Posts
I'm with Flavio on this one. ETTC kicks ass. I had a friend wire mine up and it took less than 30 minutes! Got a little switch mounted on the dash. PLEASE NOTE!!!! Drive the car for A DAY OR TWO in TTC mode before deciding if you like it. I HATED it at forst but once you get the hang of how it works it kicks ass!!!!!! I've had it for seveal months and I have only flipped the switch to sequential once and I almost laughed at how mellow the car felt.

Remember..give it a few days to learn to drive in ttc mode!!

Jeff M

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did the ETTC mod and I have to say that it is pretty good. I like it cause I can switch between the modes, and it was fairly simple to do. Also I didn't have to add more vacuum hoses to the engine. Best of all it actually works!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
One thing should be mentioned though if you are using TTC as a diagnostic tool because of problems with the sequential transition ETTC willnot help it only forces the car to go Twin earlier in the powerband. For diagnosis you need to do the mechanical conversion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts