Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
A DP is a DP, fyi I have a new 3" BIC 3" dp for sale, $220 shipped.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alrighty, i guess i am deciding between the y pipe or just the downpipe. It is a tough decision, especially with the big discussion i started a few days ago :)

I am kinda worried about the extra work the y pipe can involve, but i am taking the whole engine out anyways, so i am guessing it wouldnt be super hard if they make the y pipe right, i dont have a welder around if they screw it up, i dont want to modify a bad y-pipe. I want an easy one.

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
the y pipe will give you more power for a stock twin set up, but its not worth it from me having the dis pleasure of installing a set. no thank you. a trust dp is good enough.

·
Registered
671 Posts
car definately sounds different with a 3" downpipe.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
the y pipe will give you more power for a stock twin set up, but its not worth it from me having the dis pleasure of installing a set. no thank you. a trust dp is good enough.
That is correct, a y pipe will give you alot more power, less back pressure, i didn't
install mine, it came with the car, the previous owner said that it made way more
power & it sounded way better.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the trust 3 inch downpipe into a high flow cat and 3 inch dragger trust exhaust and to me it has a unique sound. Not loud but a fine tuned "growl"..lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts