Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I picked up a new supra a few weeks ago and I spent some time in the engine bay today. The car supposedly had a Greddy 3-row FMIC but it turns out to be a Trust FMIC. I've done a search but there's nothing to be found about these, and I don't see them for sale on mvp or any other websites. Google doesn't return much results either, except some hints that Greddy and Trust are or were apparently the same company?

The thing is huge, I'm guessing it dwarfs the 3-row on my other car. Seriously, it's BIG! However, I don't know how efficient it is on an SP63, it probably causes some lag...

Anyway, does anyone know this brand or have anything to say on the possible performance of this IC?

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
They are the same company. :beer:

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Trust = GReddy : GReddy = Trust.

Grex = Turst = Greddy : GReddy = Trust = Grex

You probably have a 5Row intercooler from them.......which is usually only sold as a kit for the R33 Skyline GTR.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
ReI86 said:
Trust = GReddy : GReddy = Trust.

Grex = Turst = Greddy : GReddy = Trust = Grex
ReI86 is 100% correct also dont forget Gracer

just so you can see check out the link.

http://www.trust-power.com/

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Trust FMIC as well . I was told that the intercooler itself was for the Skyline. I think the physical dimension are 31.5 " end to end, and core is 24 " L x 12" H x 4" D with a distinctive Trust badging / lettering .I have not noticed any increase in lag from stock sidemount to Trust, even at BPU level .

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
How thick is the IC in question? Yes, trust and greddy are one in the same, my 4 row box says "Greddy mfg. by trust co. of Japan" or something like that. Just felt like repeating what everyone already said :bigthumb: .

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Ranger498 said:
ReI86 is 100% correct also dont forget Gracer

just so you can see check out the link.

http://www.trust-power.com/
Forgot about Gracer (Only body add on like lip for the Supra) sold under the name of Greddy.

And yes the 5row is huge and stupid.

You can get the 5row with twin 80mm inlet and a single 100mm outlet.

·
Super Moderator
10,804 Posts
As noted, Trust is GReddy. Cherzra, is it possible for you to measure the core. I have the GReddy JDM 4-row in my black car and the core itself is 25" x 13" x 6" and this might be what you have. Alternatively, it could be the Skyline GT-R 5-row as has been noted.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ken, I just measured it and it's around 30" x 12" x 4". Not as thick as yours, but longer :D Hehehe. No connotations intended!

·
Super Moderator
10,804 Posts
^^^LOL, that's funny, man. Sounds like you have the Skyline version which is a very nice piece in itself. Solve your coolant leak yet?

Ken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts