Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 1993.5 supra that has no CATS. I live in Georgia where they require emissions. Obviously it wont pass the visual inspection. But will it pass once they stick the probe in the muffler and put it on the dyno?

464 Posts
No it won't pass. I live in Cali, and have no Cats, and they stuck the probe in my muffler and it came back as a "gross" polluter. LOL. Not sure if that helps you since each state is different, but I'm sure with a little more research you can have an idea. Only way to know for sure is to give it a go and see once you buy it. You can always buy some CATS if it does not pass.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Any tips on OBDII other than registering at a non-emissions county?
Hey Allen,

Hope you've been well! I assume your car is on a stand-alone ECU? If so, no chance of passing. If it's on the stock ECU with a MAP-ECU or similar piggy back, we have tuned cars properly that had built motors, big turbo, big fuel, big cams, etc to pass legally with flying colors while still making big horsepower. Give me a shout with any questions.

BTW, a bunch of us were talking about you at Arthur's Celebration of Life event a couple weeks ago. Remember back in 1999 or 2000 when we were all at the BB&B parking lot cruise-in/hang out spot, and you pulled out onto Barrett making a left in 1st gear when the second turbo kicked in and spun you around? Then, you just pulled right back in the same entrance/exit you had pulled out of and parked by us again LOL that was hilarious! :) Good times. We were talking about all kinds of crazy stories from back in the day on Barrett/I75.

·
3,466 Posts
Yeah, I'm in OBDII, so it's a bit tricky since I'm also on AEM. Even the backdoor ways are difficult with OBDII, was seeing if there was an alternative.

I did hear about Arthur's passing, unfortunately. I miss my young days of hanging out at MSP and Dynolab on Thursday night for dyno night and then causing trouble at the Big Chicken. Boy have we all grown up significantly! I haven't seen any of the old faces in years, would be good to hangout one of these days to catch up with everyone. I haven't drove my Supra for extended periods of time in years!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts