Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fly Navy
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - never installed a shifter before, and the car I have had a B&M in it when I bought it. Well, yesterday, my lovely shifter decided to break in half at the shaft and now I have no reverse obviously. The shifter will still rest tentatively in place, but I'd like to just revert to stock while I wait on my C's to get here.

I can't find a write-up anywhere, so I'm going to just start taking things apart to see what's what. Anything I need to know? Car need to be jacked up and attacked from underneath or anything crazy like that? Any and all info is much appreciated! :D

·
Original owner, March '94
224 Posts
There's a 12mm nut and bolt underneath the car you need to remove. Once that's out of the way, the rest you can do in car. Just need a 10mm socket and short extension to get the shifter out.

When you put the stock shifter in, make sure you don't lose the bushing that the 12mm bolt goes thru. Also check and see if anything needs to be greased up.

·
Fly Navy
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I got the B&M POS out and just stuck the stock one in for now. It's really not that bad of a shifter for stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts