Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a friend that is putting on a TS04 on a stock fuel/ Mass Air Meter car. I remember a while back when I was having VPC problems I installed my Stock Mass air meter however my car would sputter and stall when coming to a stop. I belive Larry at Sound Performance told me I had to route a line off the idle air control back to the air filter/intake. Does anyone have experiance with this? I noticed the hose coming off the IAC valve is quite large, not sure how I would get a hose that big to fit on the intake. I seem to also remember something about running a line off the valve cover breather to the intake as well. I thought there was 3 hoses or so that had to go back to the intake on the turbo in order to make a stock MAF meter car with a single turbo run right.

Also his turbo intake/filter has no fittings on it to route a hose back to, I guess I will have to find and tap something in there.

·
1,522 Posts
That sounds complicated....I hope someone with the same setup can help you out. Let us know if your friend likes the TSO4 w/stock fuel. Is he on the forums?

·
Registered
286 Posts
yes there are three hoses that should be tapped into the intake pipe behind the maf, in front of the turbo. The charcoal canister hose(this can be just left open down by the firewall, it will not hurt anything), the intake manifold hose(you can put a little K&N filter on this if you want and it will be fine), and the IAC, this one HAS to be on, Just have a 1/2" diameter(amulinum or steel, whatever your intake pipe is) about a 1.5" long welded on the intake pipe and then connect your IAC hose coming from the back of the manifold to the on your intake. Should run and idle fine.
SH
t78

·
3,148 Posts
HoustonSC300, is correct except you will also need a hose for your BOV, unless your using an AFC. I have my charcoal canister hose disconnected, my BOV vented to the atmosphere (with an AFC), a K&N filter on my valve cover, and my IAC piped back in. I was really concerned with all the things I thought I would have to pipe back into the intake, but the IAC was all I needed. I used a 3/4" pipe to run from the back of the motor to the front of the motor. This way I only have a short hose at the rear of the pipe and at the front of the pipe. I didn't like seeing a big hose running all the way up the side of the motor. You may be able to see the pipe in the picture in my sig. If not go to my website. www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me

BTW the red hose that looks like it goes into the intake pipe doesn't. It is just used to cap off one of the water lines.

Later, Steve

·
1,522 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
HoustonSC300, is correct except you will also need a hose for your BOV, unless your using an AFC. I have my charcoal canister hose disconnected, my BOV vented to the atmosphere (with an AFC), a K&N filter on my valve cover, and my IAC piped back in. I was really concerned with all the things I thought I would have to pipe back into the intake, but the IAC was all I needed. I used a 3/4" pipe to run from the back of the motor to the front of the motor. This way I only have a short hose at the rear of the pipe and at the front of the pipe. I didn't like seeing a big hose running all the way up the side of the motor. You may be able to see the pipe in the picture in my sig. If not go to my website. www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me

BTW the red hose that looks like it goes into the intake pipe doesn't. It is just used to cap off one of the water lines.

Later, Steve
Steve,

That IAC pipe you have is a nice setup. I wonder how you keep the pipe from moving around. Is it tied down some how?What did you paint that with, it looks professionally done. Very nice website by the way. You definetly had a lot of cars and bikes. :D Take care.

Troy

·
3,148 Posts
I simple painted it with some engine paint. I did build a small aluminum bracket to support the pipe. I is bolted to on of the threaded holes where the engine lift hook used to be mounted. The hose at the rear keeps the pipe in place on that end. The hose I used was actually one of the stock hoses that went to the factory BOV.

Thanks for the compliments.

Later, Steve

M

·
0 Posts
You don't have to have an AFC to vent the BOV to atmosphere - a lot of people (including me) have used this setup w/ no problems. The stock computer deals w/ it ok - some people may have to raise the setting that controls the extra idle when coming off boost - but mine has been perfect ever since I reset the ECU once.

·
3,148 Posts
My car with a 95 ECU did much better with the BOV venting to the atmosphere than it does with the stock 97 ECU.

Later, Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts