Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone swapped a TT auto onto their NA(-T)? is it impossible without getting an AEM?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Two different transmissions, the A340E and A341E have completely different strategies for managing line pressure, I don't believe you'll be able to do it unless you do a swap to the complete TT setup. I'm using the TT automatic in my NA-T SC3, but the 98-00 are designed to use the A341E.
- Jon

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the 98+ ECUs have controls for the two pressure solenoids? interesting... all 98-00 have VVT-i, correct?

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
5,059 Posts
thats pretty cool, I haven't heard of anyone else who has that done in an NA.

racing fan said:
Why do you think I need a custom driveshaft?:) I've been running a gte auto tranny since june.... And no.... its not worth the effort:)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, ive done some research and theres not really a point. once you get the trannys built the TT isnt really better than the NA.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
bdekoning said:
yea, ive done some research and theres not really a point. once you get the trannys built the TT isnt really better than the NA.
Yep! When I planned it the commom assumption was the na tranny can only hold 500rwhp....:(

·
Registered
196 Posts
Zohair,

Where did you get your driveshaft that you used for the TT automatic tranny?

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
tuanthuy_99 said:
Zohair,

Where did you get your driveshaft that you used for the TT automatic tranny?
Custom made by teh driveshaftshop.com It took a while for them to get the measurements right:( but they paid for next day airing a driveshaft a couple times:) Good service( I went through frank, tell him you want the same thing zohair has and you want it balanced before its sent!

BTW Did you sell the na auto and tc? If not pm or call me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts