Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has done this to their N/A's since I'm thinking about turbo charging my car later and don't want to be stuck with the shitty N/A brakes. Anybody knows what parts are required? how easy/hard it is? and is it just simple bolt ons or is customized work required? thanks...

·
Not so slow anymore
138 Posts
tt brakes

it is pretty straight forward, i would suggest gettting a rebuild kit from your local toyota dealer. It does bolt right on as well

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Hey, I was just about to post a question like this.. I'm currently gathering parts for my front brake upgrade. I already have the calipers. I know I'll need rotors.. What else? Do I need that splash shield? Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mind explaining to me what the rebuild is/consist of? Or should I just goto my toyota dealer and ask for rebuild kit for Supra TT?

·
Not so slow anymore
138 Posts
rebuild kit

The rebuild kit consist of new rubber seals and retainers as well as new copper washers. It is not an expensive kit. Like $20 somethin. However its a good idea to do on any tt brakes that arent coming right off of the original car and going on to yours. Half of the caliper is steel, half is aluminum so there could be some corrosion in it. Its just a good idea to rebuild them for saftey.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey guys i just wanted to point out make sure you have aftermarket rims on your car before you do this mod because the brakes wont fit with the stock 16 inchers on there. Just giving you fair warning if you havent already changed out the wheels.
Later

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
ThomsonCharm said:
Hey guys i just wanted to point out make sure you have aftermarket rims on your car before you do this mod because the brakes wont fit with the stock 16 inchers on there. Just giving you fair warning if you havent already changed out the wheels.
Later
I'm getting the brakes first... That way I'm forced to drop the $$ on rims :D

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey if you want a set of some pimp wheels and an awesome deal check out the parts for sale area on supraforums here there is a guy selling some 17 Mito Modulars WITH PILOTS on them for 900 plus shipping that is one helluva deal i would jump on it if i had the money and i didnt have to worry about college costs right now but since i cant one of you guys should snatch em up because thats an awesome deal.
Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts