Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets see how many people agree with me on this...


example:

Take off turbos, exhaust, exhaust manifold and intake manifold off the TT engine and take off exhaust, exhaust manifold and intake manifold off the N/A engine would both of them run?

only the N/A engine will be still pushing what it was before if not more and the TT engine will be pushing about 150hp around there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
I just had a 20 minute conversation with you about this already. It's pointless, it's retarded, it's annoying. You need to go back to Hondatech.com Haha j/k.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so we have one guy who doesnt agree.... ok :p

and im more of a muscle car guy, so thanks, but ill stick around hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
if you took all that off neither one would run because they won't have any of the sensors they need to to make it run. if your trying to find out if the engines will run the same with only different internals then no. the GE would run stronger because it has a higher CR.
are you trying to make a gte run na or something???? just ask the question instead if posting the same thing twice and beating around the bush.
as for the power, you can't just guess it will make 150 just because it sounds right. there's way too many things that can make it differ.
if i wanted i could say it would make 210hp because a camry has a 3.0 and it makes 210 but it doesn't make any sense to say that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Without anything to meter the air? No.

Edit: LOL... Hey Vince... was this the guy you were telling me about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
The GTE engine has a turbo platform that comes directly from the factory. If I straight up took out the turbos, exhaust manifold, and intake manifold from the motor, will it run? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! FUCKKKK NO!!!!!! What makes you think it will run? It will not run period! You can't simply compare a N/A motor to a TT motor. A snail isn't just one piece that differentiates the difference between N/A and TT. For the last time, other things are involved!!!!!!!

If I took out the air in your tires, will it run? No forget that. If I took out the tires off your rims, will it run? :stickpoke
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok you take off Exhaust and exhaust manifold on both TT and N/A engines they will both, given that they have the fuel and air meters connected

One engine is made to handle force enduction and the other one is made to suck air instead of it being forced in... but since you just took off turbos off a TT engine it is now no longer a force induction engine but becomes an air sucker just like the N/A engine, only making much less HP because of lower compression pistons
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
My question is. Wasnt their a thread just like this posted yesterday. If memory serves me right it was the same guy too. Why would you want to run your supra Turbo that you paid over 20 grand for most likely without the turbos. If you wanted to do that you could of just bought an N/A and saved five to ten grand on price. Not to mention insurance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
ok you take off Exhaust and exhaust manifold on both TT and N/A engines they will both, given that they have the fuel and air meters connected

One engine is made to handle force enduction and the other one is made to suck air instead of it being forced in... but since you just took off turbos off a TT engine it is now no longer a force induction engine but becomes an air sucker just like the N/A engine, only making much less HP because of lower compression pistons
What are you getting at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Are you seriously clueless or something? Compared to the N/A, of course it will make less horsepower because of the compression difference but that has nothing to do with what you're talking about. Here, listen very closely: One engine is designed to be turbocharged, the other is NOT! If you take out the turbo off of the GTE motor, it DOES NOT mean it's now a GE motor. It's a GTE motor with a turbo that's temporarily missing. In all seriousness are you just really misinformed or something? Dood you drive a 240. Why ask Supraforums? I'm sure the 240 guys can explain it to you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
msivyhuynh said:
ok you take off Exhaust and exhaust manifold on both TT and N/A engines they will both, given that they have the fuel and air meters connected

One engine is made to handle force enduction and the other one is made to suck air instead of it being forced in... but since you just took off turbos off a TT engine it is now no longer a force induction engine but becomes an air sucker just like the N/A engine, only making much less HP because of lower compression pistons
Kid... honestly... you're making a fool of yourself. We're trying to help you here.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/

Try to get a basic understanding of how automobile engines work... lurk around the forums for a while. Try to learn as much as you can. When you ask noob questions and a lot of people give you the same straight answer... you're probably the one who is wrong. You shouldn't try to argue with someone about stuff like this...
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SupraMan1990 said:
My question is. Wasnt their a thread just like this posted yesterday. If memory serves me right it was the same guy too. Why would you want to run your supra Turbo that you paid over 20 grand for most likely without the turbos. If you wanted to do that you could of just bought an N/A and saved five to ten grand on price. Not to mention insurance.
that doesnt matter its something that some people dont agree with and some people do, so ..... my statement is right because i know how engines work... and i know that if you take of TTs of a turbo engine it will still run.... simple as that
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
^of course it will still run, given that all the sensors are still connected (and installed)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
msivyhuynh said:
that doesnt matter its something that some people dont agree with and some people do, so ..... my statement is right because i know how engines work... and i know that if you take of TTs of a turbo engine it will still run.... simple as that
You really need to get a clue. When I didn't know shit about cars, I just asked people and took as much advice in as I could. Good luck trying to get help here with an attitude like that. Welcome to Supraforums.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Ckanderson said:
^of course it will still run, given that all the sensors are still connected (and installed)
Without an intake or exhaust manifold? :stickpoke

Good luck driving it around.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
USMCSupra said:
Kid... honestly... you're making a fool of yourself. We're trying to help you here.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/

Try to get a basic understanding of how automobile engines work... lurk around the forums for a while. Try to learn as much as you can. When you ask noob questions and a lot of people give you the same straight answer... you're probably the one who is wrong. You shouldn't try to argue with someone about stuff like this...
kid hahahaha.... im not trying to pick an argument really... but obviously its not making sense to you...

VINZE:

you say i have a 240 well yea... well how does that 240 engine run without turbos? because when the piston goes down it sucks air into the chamber then it comes up and compresses the air with fuel and then explosion and then it goes down and makes some power to the wheels..

So my 240 doesnt have anything that forces the air into the engine so therefore its caller a N/A ...

then i slap a turbo on my engine and connect the piper from turbo to my intake that was sucking air and now it no longer sucks air but turbo foces it in there, so now its making more HP because more air is being forced into the chabmer and bigger explosion is made during the compression.

Same goes for Superchargers Nitrous etc... all SCs TCs and Nitrous are force induction systems that force the air through the intake manifold into the cylinder chambers with creates bigger pressure during the compression and explodes much harder to make much more power to the wheels.

Now if you tell me im wrong all about this and that a 2JZ GTE engine cant run without the Turbos then we have a lot of noobs here who know so little about how engines work exactly.... and www.howstuffworks.com is the best place for you to start...
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
USMCSupra said:
Without an intake or exhaust manifold? :stickpoke

Good luck driving it around.
I assumed you would be putting Na equipment on (exhaust manifold) the tt intake manifold would work.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ckanderson said:
^of course it will still run, given that all the sensors are still connected (and installed)
ok we have one smart person here who actually agreed with me and knows thier stuff...

i never said pull everything off... given there is fuel flow, air metter crap etc...

(might as well take a old school engine that doesnt have computers... as long as the 8 spark plugs are connected and fuel flow is there it will run with or without supercharger or turbo charger no matter even if it was made with a turbo or supercharger from factory or not!!!)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
msivyhuynh said:
Now if you tell me im wrong all about this and that a 2JZ GTE engine cant run without the Turbos then we have a lot of noobs here who know so little about how engines work exactly.... and www.howstuffworks.com is the best place for you to start...
You're a fucking moron. Don't talk to Vince that way... he knows more shit about cars than you ever will... especially since you tried to buy his car off of him. Yeah I know.

First your dumbass wants to say the car will run fine without an intake or exhaust manifold. Now you're changing your tune to just no turbos. You make an idiotic story about blowing your turbos... coming home... take it off and racing rice rockets... c'mon now. :wtflol:

Vince... you know this guy, right? How old is this kid? 16?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
msivyhuynh said:
Take off turbos, exhaust, exhaust manifold and intake manifold off the TT engine
Ckanderson said:
I assumed you would be putting Na equipment on (exhaust manifold) the tt intake manifold would work.
Apparently not.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top