Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll soon be purchasing a Supra, within the next 6 months or so. The only problem I have is whether to buy a turbo or go naturally aspirated. I'm 16 years old, have been driving professionaly(or amaturly??) in junior road course leagues in my area for almost a year now... Not any cars exceptionaly quick, just bascially learning to drive on the course. So, am I underestimating the twin-turbo's power? I have never even ridden in a Supra before, so I really have no idea. Another issue is insurance. I'm not sure if I'd be able to afford it, my job usually brings in about ~$600-700 a month (part-time). Working on the car is not an issue, my dad has 33 years experience and we own a shop in our town, I've been working there for 5 years, so I have some experience also.

So, can any of you supra owners please give me some advice on which version of the car I want to buy? I've looked at other cars, but there's just something about the Supra.

Thanks, appreciate it.

-nikon

(And please, don't belittle/flame me because of my age, not all of us young kids are horrible.)

·
3,463 Posts
Be ready to get a lot of lechtures! ;) :D

I had my TT when I was 15 and I'm still alive, so I guess that's a good sign.

A TT is defintely a FAST car. I still sometimes shit myselves in my single from time to time, but you definitely have to be mature about it. I'm sure you'll find yourself in situations where you'll want to be a "badass" in school and stuff like that, I know I did, but you just gotta bite your tongue. I know I spun the car out doing stupid shit that I look back on now and see how stupid it really was. Anyway, if I were you, I'd start with a N/A and work your way up. It really depends on your goals, if you are a show person or a go person. But just get an N/A until you can fully enjoy a TT.

Best of luck!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The turbo car is fast but its not a particularly difficult car to drive (if you aren't doing stupid shit, but its hard to resist). Its hard to avoid going stupidly fast especially on an open freeway.

Personally if it was my primary car and young I would get a NA. I've driven one, honestly in traffic or on crowded freeways I would say that the NA auto appeared to actually be faster scooting around than a turbo model. I mean people dog it alot but its basically a chunky 2 door IS300.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts