Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SF community.

I am soon starting to build something more out of my supra.
But there are some issues I need to think about.

Ok. Here goes:
I have a 97 model TT.
I have bought the stu GT28 kit and I also have bought the AEM V2 Ecu.
I want to keep the car as close to the stock look as possible, but want to get better performance.
If I change the stock ECU, i will loose some of the features with the traction control and warning lights and so on.
I have started to look into the MAP ECU3 and how this can be tucked into the stock wiring system.

Anyone tried the MAP ECU3 vs AEMv2 with keeping in mind that you have to keep the stock look?
Is the AEM capable to solve the tricky tuning of sequential turbosystem like Stock ECU?
Traction control?
Other stock features that gets ruined?

The last couple of days i have read about the MAP ECU3 and I think it seems like a good buy.
You can still map fuel, ignition, remove MAF, boost controller, BCC feature, flex fuel sensor++
Pretty much the things i need to get my performance and still look stock in the engine bay.

What would you have done?

·
Banned
199 Posts
Lose the traction control and have it reassigned as anti-lag by your tuner. Everything else as far as factory controls is the same with aem v2 as a stock ecu with a piggy, the standalone just has way more options. Not sure what you mean about warning lights, a standalone doesn't affect that. The ecu won't affect the appearance of your car in terms of how factory it looks.

You could add a meth kit to those new twins for some more power but unless you use the washer fluid reservoir as the meth tank, it will go against your desire to look as factory as possible. Just giving you some ideas.

Could also do 264 cams and a 4" downpipe

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Stock traction control is pretty much useless. Get the standalone and never look back.

·
Banned
199 Posts
but how about sequential operation of the turbos?
Of course it can handle that. It can do whatever you want, thats why its better than a factory ecu with a piggy. The v2 can make your turbos turn on back and forth and slow dance if you want it to man.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I wrote in the start of this topic.
I already have an AEM V2.
Also have a field harness for the car.
So i don`t have to cut in the original harness.
Maybe I should get in touch with SFS for set up of sequential turbo.
As stated in my location, I don`t think there are people with the same expertice in Norway as there are in USA.
At least not that many.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Like I wrote in the start of this topic.
I already have an AEM V2.
Also have a field harness for the car.
So i don`t have to cut in the original harness.
Maybe I should get in touch with SFS for set up of sequential turbo.
As stated in my location, I don`t think there are people with the same expertice in Norway as there are in USA.
At least not that many.
Yea, and you should use it. And there are great tuners on every corner of this planet. You just need to research. They may not be geared solely towards supras and skylines like some shops, but tuning is tuning and there will be a shop in your general area with mechanical and tuning expertise.

If there are 900hp evos running around in panama I know you can find a competent tuner in norway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts