Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
9,000,000 lbs of BOOOOST!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly a "kill story" since no one exactly got killed. But i was driving at the local cruis spot when i spoted a tt 300zx. Very nice body kit on it that actualy looked good. So i pulled next to him to see what he had done. Then all of the suden a tt stealth with a nice FMIC pulls up to us. We got all 3 lanes filled with 3 bad ass old school tuner cars. No one would realy go first but as soon as the 300zx downshifted, me and the stealth did also. We all took off leaving a JIANT cloud of black smoke behind us all. The 300zx and stealth got me off the jump but i was slowly pulling the 300zx on top end. as for the stealth... i couldnt see him cuz he was on the other side of the 300zx. We all talked and theye were all cool guys. I just felt bad for all the cars we covers in smoke behind us. As i said not exactly a kill story but it was fun crusin around with some other turbo early 90's cars. It was an all around good night.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
I hate the term 'tuner car.'

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
tuner car I like, I hate "import" "rice" "hotrod" ect...

tuner sounds refined, like what you would do to a BMW or something..

back on subject, that sounded badass, I wish I could find any oldschool guys around here, I can't even get a bite of anything worth my time lately...

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Tuner is a term that is used almost synonymously with japanese compact cars. It's a stupid term. everyone mods(tunes) their car.

·
il faut voir pour savoir
956 Posts
black smoke FTW!!!

nice story though, reminds me of 2 years ago on 78 in Pburg NJ ... it was me on the left in the VR-4, my buddy Costas in his old ZTT in the middle, and an almost-BPU Supra TT on the right. We went from a 50 roll, the Z took off (since it had 500rwhp) and the Supra took a car on me by 140ish ... what a great race. Three lanes shut down for the 90's rice rockets. :)

·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hell yeah, it was unplaned, there was also a cryslter conquest TSI, an mitsubishi Starion i think its called(same as conquest TSI) and an STI behind us.
as for calling them tuner cars, would you prefer 90's rice burners?

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
TealmetalicDream said:
hell yeah, it was unplaned, there was also a cryslter conquest TSI, an mitsubishi Starion i think its called(same as conquest TSI) and an STI behind us.
as for calling them tuner cars, would you prefer 90's rice burners?

no, because technically that's still wrong. a stealth is a dodge. rice burner is another stupid term referring to any japanese compact car. use sports car, gt car, whatever. just not those other ones...

sorry... just a pet peeve of mine:)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
did the starion/conquest keep up at all?

been looking to buy one but they seem like they're gonna be pretty bad to get back on the road...

·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the starion was pretty quick, fast outa the hole when i raced him, but he had no top end what so ever.

·
456 Posts
most of my asian friends who are non-car people call japanese sports cars "rice rockets" without knowing that it's a hurtfull word

either way nice kill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts