Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody i just returned from my deployement about a week ago and picked up my car from the shop. Well 10 minutes up the road it overheats and bye bye motor. So im going into a TT swap. My supra is a 94 started as a auto and will remain that way. Ive already bought my JDM 2jzgte from a supra not aristo. so im wondering how hard is the swap and are there any tutorials on it. I have a shop interested in doing the swap for me but id rather do it myself if possible. Also i read this sites information http://www.mkivsoopra.com/project/. so if theres any walkthroughs or tech's on it please let me know thanks in advance.

Tank

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
there is a sticky up top all about the JDM GTE swap.

I am doing mine now. it will be pretty straight forward. All you will need extra besides the ECU and harness (that is on your GTE Supra motor) is...

TT Throttle cable
Ignitor (if not included)
Upper radiator hose
Power Steering resevoir.
downpipe (if you dont have a complete uncut one.)
Intake piping (if your swap didnt come with it)

Good Luck

·
Banned
2,721 Posts
Personally, keep the GE. It is a better designed head and doesn't need much work at all for it to flow. If anything, get the VVTi Head and that way you can run a bigger turbo, etc. The AEM can use the one cam sensor and the VVTi motor already has a crank sensor, so you'll be golden. But to each his own...

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
see the thing is im basically just gonna go TT, ad stay stock well BPU. Im keeping AEM EMS 1101, my dual wablos and my 1000cc injectors. So maybe down the road ill go small single. i see the writeup at the top of the section but i was wondering if there was anymore writeups. Also im being told i have to take apart my dash for wriring the harness is this true.

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
1000cc injectors is a little overboard for stock twins .. esp. on a GE engine .. im running that on my 76mm turbo .. with what your doing you can get away with using the MAP ECU 2 ..

as for the engine harness .. EDIT: You can absolutely take out the engine harness withOUT taking the dash or heater core out. When you go to put the harness back in, do yourself a favor and tape all the plugs to the harness before you start to push it back down. It will make the harness act as a solid piece instead of a bunch of plugs hanging around getting caught on everything.

If your putting the harness in yourself, you will need to keep going back and forth from inside the car to the engine bay to push and pull it through.

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1000cc injectors is a little overboard for stock twins .. esp. on a GE engine .. im running that on my 76mm turbo .. with what your doing you can get away with using the MAP ECU 2 ..

as for the engine harness .. yes it will make it easier to get the existing harness out and the new one in if you take the dash out and unbolt the heater core
wait maybe i didnt make things clear "sorry bout that". Heres what i have

JDm 2jzgte "from a jdm supra"----complete longblock

complete wireharness

ECU

TT auto transmission

TT auto driveshaft

apexi N1 3" exhaust

now from my old setup i still have---------

1000cc injectors

dual 255LBs wablos

4" FMIC

IC piping for old setup

AEM EMS 1101

So im concerned with this what diffculty, would a swap be and is there any writeups or anyone with helpful tips or advice can you let me know thanks.

Tank

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
its not that difficult .. its just time consuming .. especially since your not doing any internal engine work .. but with the stock twins id go with like 550cc injectors or something close to that .. As far as a write up, you will find all the info you need in this NA section of Supraforums .. its all been talked about before and you can skim thru the pages to find the info you need. Its pretty straight forward.

·
Dont let the name fool u
496 Posts
wait maybe i didnt make things clear "sorry bout that". Heres what i have

JDm 2jzgte "from a jdm supra"----complete longblock

complete wireharness

ECU

TT auto transmission

TT auto driveshaft

apexi N1 3" exhaust

now from my old setup i still have---------

1000cc injectors

dual 255LBs wablos

4" FMIC

IC piping for old setup

AEM EMS 1101

So im concerned with this what diffculty, would a swap be and is there any writeups or anyone with helpful tips or advice can you let me know thanks.

Tank

Don't forget the TT tach, or re-wiring your NA one to work.

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a couple of things

1. Boostlogics said i could use the EMS 1101 on my TT swap

2. ive skimmed the forums but nothing as far as a writeup or step by step on it exist

3. is there any wiring diagrams out there for this swap.

4. thanks for all the input its really helping me alot

5. BRING BACK THE DAMN SEARCH ENGINE...................im dyin here lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi there-I am doing a usdm auto na to usdm auto tt swap right now at a shop-I hope to have more info for you.But...I have a problem right know that someone may know the answer to.My tt auto drive shaft does not bolt up to the na auto diff.My question-does anyone know if I can change the na yoke on the diff to fit or do I need a tt auto diff?I am using the tt puck(rubber contector thing as well)

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
Let me know if this helps ..

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362377

a couple of things

1. Boostlogics said i could use the EMS 1101 on my TT swap

2. ive skimmed the forums but nothing as far as a writeup or step by step on it exist

3. is there any wiring diagrams out there for this swap.

4. thanks for all the input its really helping me alot

5. BRING BACK THE DAMN SEARCH ENGINE...................im dyin here lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts