Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, which one would you choose: tt swap or na-t? I really don't know what is involved in swapping a new engine in my na, but I know you need other parts as well, not just the motor. I think a tt swap would cost about the same as a turbo right?

·
!black
4,625 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have still done a TT swap. It's close though, NA-T does have some big advantages in the ease of install department.

The cost of conversion really isn't that high if you are able to do the work yourself. There were many times I sat back and asked myself "What the hell have you goten yourself into with this swap?" hehe. Trust me, I've eyeballed my NA motor and contemplated putting it back in.

The "basic" NA-T setup that is sold isn't going to get your rolling. There are so many things to add on which nickle and dime your ass to death. You can save a bunch of money by shopping around, but if you want to go with a "proven" setup like DaveH or boost logic, expect to drop 5K on motor. Things like larger injectors, piggyback fuel controlers, head gaskets, studs, etc. add up quick. Granted, at the end of the day you are single turbo and 450rwhp. However, stock twins can get close to those numbers with very little money (assuming US).

I plan on going single at some point on my GTE motor. With a CR already where it should be, and a proven vast array of turbos for me to choose from, it's a no brainer.

If I buy another NA (which I am considering yet again hehe), I'll do the NA-T route to see which one is actually better in the end. The jury is still out, but right now the GTE swap was overall a better setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts