Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've contacted turbochargers.com/texas rebuild and they claim that their twin turbo upgrade produces 500-600hp but that it is experimental. I'm one of those guys that wants to stay with twins so for $2150 this sounds tempting. Please give me feedback from the community

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm pretty intersting considering it would be a direct bolt in... would love to see some dyno charts...

also what type of components are they using to attain this??

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To my knowledge they are doing a rebuild/upgrade using the stock housings and changing the rotating units (compressors/turbines). But I still don't know how reliable these are.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a Japanese company Revolfe S.A. is also doing a CT12B (J-spec) upgrade. It consists of bigger compressor/turbine wheel, ball bearing center housing for more reliablity, and a stronger actuator. I posted it on another thread "CT12 upgrade". I am also interested in doing a the stock twin upgrade. They say it will produce ~500+rwhp.

Let me know if you find out more on the turbochargers.com upgrade.

Kaz

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kaz do you have a website on Revolfe, if so post it. I think I would trust the japanese quality if I could get the info.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still no feedback based on experiences, please help brothers

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Revolfe S.A.'s website:

Rovolfe S.A.

Click on "Original Parts" then go to "Item 13".

Hope this helps.

I would also consider trying to find out whatever internal they used and try to have a shop in US do the labor. This will be far less expensive plus you will learn alot. This is what I am trying to figure out.

Did you find out anything more on the turbochargers.com upgrade?

Kaz

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still no information bro, I'm going to call monday and try to get more details hopefully they will cooperate. Until then.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I just got off the horn with turbochargers.com and forced performance. Turbochargers told me that they could reveal the details of the modification but that they need your turbos and your actuators because they modify these also. This seems similar to the Revolfe and with the Revolfe manifold I saw the other day it may be promising. Turbochargers say that this upgrade is experimental but if it does not work they will refund you with a stock set of turbos. Forced performance clips the exhaust turbine to reduce back pressure for a max of 20-30hp at the top end their price is cheaper but you have to call for a price. Turbochargers also said that they will be posting results.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also the reason I started this thread is, I installed some modified turbos on my car that I bought from a guy on this forum. The first one whines and builds about 6psi but the second holds 21psi and I damaged it on the install. I don't think these will last long and I don't have enough info on them to redo the upgrade. He told me that they have hks compressors but who knows which ones. Anyways going to the track this week they will either go or blow.Going to do the Turbochargers or Revolfe when they blow.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chi,

Keep me posted...

So turbochargers.com will not tell you what they will use huh? Will they at least tell you if they are going to changing out the center housing?

Kaz

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Naugh it seems that the process is secret, but if you could get in contact with Revolfe they may tell us what they do and save us a bundle of dough. Who knows.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well like everyone else keep us posted im trying to stay with the stock sequential system as well

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I`m on top of it

I just emailed Rovolfe S.A.. I will keep everyone posted. Don`t know when they will reply though :( .

Sorry my replies are late. I don`t know why but the email notifier is not working for me anymore.

Does anyone know why? I don`t know when people replied to my post :confused:

Thanks,
Kaz

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just found out the turbo upgrade I bought had a CT-20 compressor instead of a HKS in the second turbo. The first looks the same as the stock. I also saw a picture on MKIV.com that says blown turbos as an upgrade for the stocks and they are CT-20's. Now I just need to find out more details on the MKIV.com upgrade to recreate it. If anyone knows please reply, thanks.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got reply from Revolfe

They told me in the email. They have 3 stock turbo upgrade options:

1st Highend power turbo upgrade, 2nd Mid power , 3rd Response.

They will use a modified Garrett unit to fit the ct12 housing. They told me they can't ship the turbos out, they will have to work on it in the shop :( bummer huh?

In the email, they mentioned that the "Highend" upgrade will make power comparable to the Almighty TO4R :eek:

kaz

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good info and good news except for that in shop work part.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So is that the end of it. No way to upgrade? what about the ct-20

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the turbochargers.com upgrade sitting in my garage but I not going to put them on until I see the max potential of the upgraded ones that I have on. I'll keep you posted

1 - 20 of 28 Posts