Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a diy on the TT(93-95 non vvti) valve cover gaskets? And oem part numbers for the gaskets and rubber hoses between the coil packs that get hardened?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
451 Posts
Here you go ball park prices from Toyota
11214-46011 VALVE COVER GASKET EXHAUST $14.47
11213-46020 VALVE COVER GASKET INTAKE $16.40
12263-46010 HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.3 $8.76
12264 46010 HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.4 $8.87
90080-17190 Nut
90105-06166 Bolt
90210-07001 Washer $1.98
I have never replace the gasket before but it seems very straight forward.
I found this video. Maybe it can help you out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVvHc8CP_U0

·
Super Moderator
3,828 Posts
Super easy, just remove spark plug cover, take the crank case hoses off, unbolt all the bolts and washers becareful the washers can get stuck to the valve cover itself and fall off. I would replace the washers btw. Pull old valve cover gaskets off, use new gasket, put some oil on the gasket and smooth out the gasket into the cover. Then install back

Careful with the front bolts/washers near the cam gears. Don't want those to drop down!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Super easy, just remove spark plug cover, take the crank case hoses off, unbolt all the bolts and washers becareful the washers can get stuck to the valve cover itself and fall off. I would replace the washers btw. Pull old valve cover gaskets off, use new gasket, put some oil on the gasket and smooth out the gasket into the cover. Then install back

Careful with the front bolts/washers near the cam gears. Don't want those to drop down!
"Put some oil on the gasket"?

I've read mix answers for FIPG on the area near the cam caps.

I am also attacking this job as soon as my gaskets/washers get in.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
The most important things you need to know are:
  1. When you tighten the bolts on the valve covers, be gentle! The torque spec is 48 inch-pounds, which is 4 foot-pounds. If you exceed this on the front "ears", you will crack the valve cover. Tighten them all evenly over several passes so that the valve cover tightens down evenly.
  2. Use FIPG where the FSM says to. There are two spots in the front at the corners of the cam cap #1. If you don't, you will have an oil leak there.

I cannot stress this enough...do NOT overtighten the valve cover bolts.

Use new washers (they have rubber gaskets on them).

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Yeupers. Use an inch lbs torque wrench and make sure you tighten in a crisscross pattern and not all at once. The valve covers can be brittle.

Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeupers. Use an inch lbs torque wrench and make sure you tighten in a crisscross pattern and not all at once. The valve covers can be brittle.

Steve
I am going to threepete this. Very easy to crack the valve covers. Otherwise pretty simple procedure.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
Use an inch lbs torque wrench
While we're talking about this, does anyone have a recommendation for a good inch-pounds torque wrench? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I do want a good one.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for the great responses

1 - 13 of 13 Posts