Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a TT valve cover bolt up to a NA head without causing any interference. IMO I think it would be a cleaner smoother look.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
this is my na-t w/ 2JZ valve covers on

bolts right on but like kirk says.. you can't use the stock intake manifold/throttle body setup

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cool and thanks for the participation fellas. Now where did some of y'all get your valve covers. NinetyfiveNa, I especially diggin yours mind tellin me where you got it from?

·
TT This
917 Posts
Thanks man, I got my valve covers from the "for sale" section. The polished sparkplug cover I made myself... I made two if you're interested? :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most definately I am P.M. or call me to discuss a deal. I really want that spark plug cover. My number is 301-204-1816.

A

·
0 Posts
so are those intake manifolds just aftermarket TT manifolds? or are they made especially for the n.a and who makes em

also can anyone who has done the tt style intake and valve cover post up a list of things needed or steps on how to do it? or where you relocated certain things? anything we need to know if we want to have the tt style intake

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
The intake manifolds can be bought from several places, daveh, greddy, ect. The valve covers you can buy from toyota or get off of a used tt motor.

A TT intake manifold will NOT fit the NA head. these manifolds are made to fit the NA head.

If you run teh front facing intake manifold you will need to relocate the power steering pump and/or the battery.

Also gonna need coil packs. if you want the cleanest look.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Where does everyone place the injector harness. kdirty130 is on of the few that still has it in the stock location.

·
TT This
917 Posts
nasoup said:
Where does everyone place the injector harness. kdirty130 is on of the few that still has it in the stock location.
Mine runs under the manifold rather than ontop. I had to unwrap the harness and cut some plastic parts here and there to get enough length to wrap it under the intake.

·
Registered
132 Posts
kirk - isn't your intake custom? or is it something everyone can get ahold of? i don't think you relocated your PS resevoir if i remember correctly; and i like it because it doesn't appear to be excessive in size which should help to spool correctly or quicker...is that the same as lessening lag?

Kdirty - your intake looks almost like the stock tt intake and the size looks good on your set-up also.

NinetyFiveNA - I don't want to leave you out but you already know that thing looks great haha

I also have a question about spark plug wires haha do the stock ones fit just fine with the TT cover? lenght connection etc... i guess i'll keep the distributor ... for some reason i did not think you could keep the distributor and use the TT v-covers...

This type of set-up will do WONDERS for the crazy intercooler piping i currently have haha

thanks

·
TT This
917 Posts
Yeah the stock plug wires still reach. My #1 is the tightest of them but I think thats from how I cut the access hole through my spark plug cover. I've had no problems.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If any of you NA guys have a spare set of valve covers laying around I will take them. My JDM 2JZGTE didn't come with valve covers and I don't care if I have to run the NA ones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts