Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Damn, there are so many Viper TTs out there now that are virtual Can-Am cars, that's like a street legal Porsche 917-30, only with lots more torque!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I still say something was weird in that vid.

1) Busa, if making said 275rwhp would have power wheelied or spun out a little

2) Where was the tuck?

either way, Im sure that viper is IMPRESSIVE.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
^ not positive on the term...but alot of big power busas have the rears extended out to help prevent that...

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
MaliCali said:
^ not positive on the term...but alot of big power busas have the rears extended out to help prevent that...
extended swingarm's don't stop 250+ hp bikes from wheelies at 80 mph.

my cousin's bike with 160 hp can wheelie in 4th Gear..

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
nice editing on the vid, nice viper, nice busa but whats with the race starting with the bike at the rear bumper of the viper? And that rider doesn't tuck very well.

Maybe they can rematch and line up side by side instead of a bit staggered. At least this is what is appeared to look like.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
also when you watch the video... for the couple of seconds in the video that you can see the bike... i don't see him use the clutch at all... on a turbo busa he should have at least shifted 2 times if he started at 80 mph.... so i am guessing he started off in a low gear because the front end doesn't even budge.

·
Registered
146 Posts
No doubt that this car beat this bike, not going to argue that.

It just seems wierd to me. You don't the the front end of the bike lift at all, nevermind a wheelie. Even if it was extended when it's too far out there the tire will just roast becuase there won't be any weight over the wheel. Gary is posting on the Busa forum and hopefully he will set up a race with someone from the board that everyone can be 100% sure isn't sandbagging. I liked Nick and Dana's video because you new what was happening and both parties were well known and there was no question as to what was going on during the race.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
That video was wake. It was stuttering a little on my player, so I could be just me, but that race seemed staged. And that interview....???... it looked like a Michael Jackson interview, with a fully-written confession and all.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
This is BS unless the viper has 1400rwhp. I mean theres another vid of a 164whp Busa beating a 731rwhp Viper in this forum. For reference my STOCK 2005 made 157whp. I dont get it, but the guy doesn't even tuck. And that interview? This is just a weird video.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had R1

275 hp man ... The viper is fast but not that fast, this looks like one of those money making video, then you come and race him for 2k or some big money then get you head knock off.My R-1 was 175 rear wheel and at 80 let me down shift that bike would be all over the road... :stickpoke :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts