Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wired the actuators open this morning and my car is boosting again. (I like it a lot!!) Thanks for the advice Steve Jarvis. As for the source of the leak, are the VSVs and vacuum hoses the only possiblities? If so, how should I check these and which ones are my best bets.

Thanks.

·
Registered
658 Posts
by going twin turbo you have ruled out that it is a turbo problem or a boost leak in the intercooler. The two most common culprets besides bad egcv valve is the vsv to the IACV or the vsv to the egcv. I had a bad iacv vsv. if you are handy you can stroke the vsv with 12 volts and see if it opens if not then that is the bad one. If you are not handy they cost about 35.00 each and are easy to replace jsut guess right the first time. I have a used functioning egcv vsv if you want it I 'll sell it cheap. iuf the vsv check out the egcv is know for going bad the diaphrm craps out after a while. Alternatly leave it in TTC I like it better and would not go back to sequential. I fixed mine went back and then rewired it to TTC and have left it that way since. DZ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts